Video: Meet John Fassel

dfense

Reaction score
I think I know this guy.

iu

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
#5 Offense (bumped because of the QB), #1 defense, and #1 Special teams incoming. We have a SuperBowl run on our hands (barring injury)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Bring back the days of when Danny White punted, although White ran most of the time...
I liked White.

Very capable.

His biggest problem was by the time he came along..

our defense had become less.

It could not keep up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If we address special teams and kicking, the record will improve by 2 games.

No doubt coverage unit sucked. Dallas had a lot of good returns on them this past season. Maybe the worst I have seen in a while

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You obviously are not intellectually capable of understanding just how much our horrific STs contributed to losses last year. They call them hidden yards for a reason.

We had a rank amateur coaching the unit. It is funny to laugh about the third phase, but it is just like a kicker or long snapper. Have a bad one? Enjoy the struggle.
Like a Kenny Gant had no value to Jimmy

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This guy looks like he has allot to offer in both making these players better as well as the camaraderie of the guys who play for him.
How many of our starters play on Sundays outside of kickoffs/punts? You don't think they take what they learn and utilize it in all there skillset?
Its all about chemistry, always has been.
MM is bringing that to the staff, cohesion, chemistry.
Coaches lead by example, and players will follow when lead in the right direction, under the right leadership.

Gorgon

Reaction score
No doubt coverage unit sucked. Dallas had a lot of good returns on them this past season. Maybe the worst I have seen in a while
I think it's a rule of thumb that kicking alone will win/lose you one - two games per year. Add to that field position and turnovers via special teams, you're probably looking at a statistical likelihood of more than 2 games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think it's a rule of thumb that kicking alone will win/lose you one - two games per year. Add to that field position and turnovers via special teams, you're probably looking at a statistical likelihood of more than 2 games.

I recall Jimmy Johnson saying there were 3 phases of the game Offense, defense and special teams. If you can win 2 out of 3 of those phases you have a good chance of winning. If you win all 3 phases your chance of winning increases. Last season all too often teams would hit us with a good return starting drives close to mid-field. Hopefully Fassel can get that turned around.

Gorgon

Reaction score
I recall Jimmy Johnson saying there were 3 phases of the game Offense, defense and special teams. If you can win 2 out of 3 of those phases you have a good chance of winning. If you win all 3 phases your chance of winning increases. Last season all too often teams would hit us with a good return starting drives close to mid-field. Hopefully Fassel can get that turned around.
Yes, I can't remember but I think it was Chicago that constantly had great starting field position on us due to the return game which "just so happened" to break out in that game (puke).

Kwyn

Reaction score
We got a real one. The players are going to love him.

What a great video! I feel really fortunate to have him on the team. If we can get the right players, special teams should go from a weakness to a strength

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of this hire. Excited that we brought him in and immediately upgraded our ST unit.

I can't wait to see what he can do here to improve our unit.
Good post. Who are you? What is your revelancy?

quickccc

Reaction score

per Voch: "Why Fassell best hire for special teams" (is this what makes him "special' ?)