Twitter: Mel Kiper has to retire right now, based on a Jimmy Clausen bet

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Claussen was a 2nd round pick. They really weren't.
No he was projected to go in the first round in a lot of mock drafts. Google "Jimmy Clausen mock drafts" and you will see him listed as high as a top 5 pick. People thought he was a steal that year.

DanA

Reaction score
He was a great analyst around that period. But for all intent and purposes, he retired in about 2015, now he's living on a reputation built from his past hard work but he's not doing it anymore.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like Kiper..

I've been watching the draft since I was like 11 years old and I just remember the days when my only source of draft information was Mel Kiper or some draft guide that I could look at in the store for a few minutes.

Then the internet got popular and I could start looking at Mock Drafts. Loading up a web page with the 56k internet.

Now the draft has just become an event. We got youtube videos of almost every prospect. Tons of different resources for information and entertainment regarding the draft.

Mel Kiper is a big part of why the draft is where it's at today.

kskboys

Reaction score
No he was projected to go in the first round in a lot of mock drafts. Google "Jimmy Clausen mock drafts" and you will see him listed as high as a top 5 pick. People thought he was a steal that year.
I read a ton of scouting reports. Claussen was a mixed bag. He was far from a can't miss prospect.