Mental Health Counselor Charged in Dog Attack

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Sunday, September 19, 2004

STUART, Fla. — A mental health counselor with a history of assault arrests ordered his two pit bulls to attack a group of people who were riding out Hurricane Frances (search) inside their office building, police said. Two people were bitten and one of the dogs was stabbed.

Ryan C. Moore (search), 54, who treats anger management problems and addictions, was arrested Friday and charged with aggravated battery for allegedly releasing his dogs with the command "Go get them" while he and the others were riding out the Sept. 4-5 storm.

William E. Schoonmaker, who operates an insurance agency in the building two doors from Moore's office, suffered deep bites to his stomach, face, throat and hands, and Sabrina Stuart was bitten on one leg, police said.

Stuart called 911 while the dogs roamed loose for an hour, but police couldn't respond because of the storm.

"We were all trapped inside our offices, even though we wanted to get into the hallways where we felt it would be safer away from the glass windows," Stuart said. "Bill Schoonmaker had a bunch of wounds, and I got my first-aid kit and bandaged him up as best I could."

Stuart said she armed herself with a hammer and someone stabbed one of the dogs.

Moore fled the building during the storm and police found him in his stalled car.

Moore, who has been arrested on charges of domestic violence, sexual assault and aggravated assault with a weapon, was released Friday after posting $100,000 bail. He does not have a listed phone number and could not be reached for comment.

One of the dogs was given to Moore's estranged wife and the injured dog was treated at an animal clinic
this counselor is in serious need of his own anger management class.

jamez25

Reaction score
what a total psycho !!! The dogs will be destroyed and the owner will probably be charged with some kind of felony.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I'd like to see Moore hired immediately as a defensive line consultant, and his dogs taking a rotation of not less than 25 snaps each.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I'd like to see Moore hired immediately as a defensive line consultant, and his dogs taking a rotation of not less than 25 snaps each.
LTN

LOL that is too funny!:D

Here's a couple of other posibilities, maybe we could hire the uninjured dog to fill in for Darren Woodson untill he gets better.

Either that or we've found the perfect replacement for rowdy.