Message to the folks calling out the RHG haters

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let me clear this up for the people that get mad at those of us that say we want the team to lose enough to be forced to replace the coaching staff. This is not “turning our backs” on the team. This is us believing, based on almost a full decade of data, that this team will never take the next step to becoming a perennial contender with this regime. I am sure I am speaking for most if not all of the anti-garrett crowd that week to week we cheer our lungs out during the game for the Boys and we are devastated after each loss. We don’t watch the games and brood over ever TD the boys score. I also think we would all be ecstatic if Garrett proved us all wrong and won a Super Bowl. I would happily say I was wrong. But until I see it, I truly don’t believe they can win at that level with him. I’d rather see the team have to clean house and bring in a new staff than watch them wallow in mediocrity for another decade. So we hope we are wrong about him, but there’s been no reason to believe we are. So the “ you guys can get off the wagon” BS is stupid. If you guys walked around for a week ready to throw up after a loss as we do you’d understand.

Please prove us wrong RHG!

Go Dallas!

droopdog7

Reaction score
I have never and will never root against the team or an individual. Serves no purpose and it’s dumb. Now, I’ll complain about guys. I’ll rip them if I think it’s warranted. But the next play, game, season, I’m rooting for them to do better. It’s pretty dang simple actually.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well I'm off that bandwagon now because it's not going to happen. Garrett saved himself again. Best to try to find a way to get into the playoffs.

Team has to play perfect to win. Cooper might be able to make that much of a difference. Sort of like the WR version of Romo, he can get open in spite of the play calling. There are no plays drawn up to shake DB’s out of their cleats to get open, that is all Amari.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have never and will never root against the team or an individual. Serves no purpose and it’s dumb. Now, I’ll complain about guys. I’ll rip them if I think it’s warranted. But the next play, game, season, I’m rooting for them to do better. It’s pretty dang simple actually.

Rooting for them and blindly believing in them are 2 different things. Thats pretty simple actually.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I don't know what RHG means but I know in this stacked NFC, you need the best possible coaching staff in place to have a realistic chance of getting past the divisional round. Garrett has proven for 11 years he's not that guy and STILL has issues beating teams with a winning record. Even if they fluke into a win against the Saints, I won't be planning the parade. Get it done in the play-offs or move on, I say. This young core deserves so much better than this antiquated/fossil coaching staff.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Rooting for them and blindly believing in them are 2 different things. Thats pretty simple actually.
You can call it blindly believing in them if you want. But it’s simpler than that. I want the team to win, not lose. That’s why I follow them. Thats it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you saying it’s ok for you to not like the coach? Or that it ought to be ok to root for a rival to blow the Cowboys out so that you can get the change you want to see sooner?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Are you saying it’s ok for you to not like the coach? Or that it ought to be ok to root for a rival to blow the Cowboys out so that you can get the change you want to see sooner?

It's a dichotomy for me. I want my team to win and I want the rest of the NFC East to suck. However, I know Marinelli, Linehan and Garrett are not good enough in an absolutely stacked NFC. Offenses like the Saints and Rams are nearly unstoppable and both teams have flawed defenses that will make plays for them. Should make for quite an NFC Championship game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I hope the team loses when losing is for their long term benefit.

A football miracle happened this year and somehow we have a great chance at making the playoffs.

The future hurts because it means more Garrett but you gotta be all in on the season now.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
the east sucks and so do the coaches, that's the only reason we are even close year after year. COY..

I agree. Drove my nuts back in year 2 or 3 when we went 8-8 but could have won the division vs the Skins in week 17. Jerry saw them as “almost a playoff team” instead of what they really were, an 8-8 football team.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope we keep Garrett and sign Dak long term and quit looking for a real franchise quarterback. I need to rest on Sundays and not watch football. :)