Micah Parsons 2019 Cotton Bowl Defensive MVP

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes, I am glad the cowboys went with BPA, first and foremost, in this draft. You can now put BPA to bed and wake up before the next draft, just like we should do every year.

Thats not what many fans on here said.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Thats not what many fans on here said.

I posted a thread with an interview with McClay. He talks about what goes into a draft and what they consider. It is a mix of BPA and need. Need seems to take over as the draft progresses into later rounds. Teams looking to fill needs allowed Cox to fall into the 4th round.

Verdict

Reaction score
I posted a thread with an interview with McClay. He talks about what goes into a draft and what they consider. It is a mix of BPA and need. Need seems to take over as the draft progresses into later rounds. Teams looking to fill needs allowed Cox to fall into the 4th round.
Drafting for need is generally a bad idea.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
This is the bowl game that Parsons played in at AT&T Stadium.

If you haven’t watched his highlights from this game you should take about 11 minutes to watch what this guy can do. It is only highlights from that one game but he makes quite a few plays in it.

It is easy to see the blistering speed that he plays with and even though he’s still just figuring LB out, his instincts for finding the ball and negotiating through traffic on the way to the QB are very good. He has a real knack for getting home on the pass rush. When he decides to go… he moves with rare suddenness and explosion.

Keep in mind that he is just a true Sophomore here and this is just highlights from one game. Phenomenal talent.

Who is Micha?

erod

Reaction score
Looks great against Memphis, but don't turn on the Ohio State or other games where he got destroyed.

Can't shed blocks. That's my biggest concern.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Drafting for need is generally a bad idea.

I concur for the most part. Fact is, all teams draft factoring in BPA and need. Each draft is different. Each position is different. Sometimes BPA wins out, sometimes need bumps a player up into the pick.

For example, one player might be a slightly better player but the need for the other player is much larger, so the team goes with the lesser player because of need.

No one operates in a BPA only vacuum or need only vacuum.

The huge problem with need is that it is never a stationary target. Pre-draft needs are well known. Teams can't predict injuries in camp or the preseason. Needs can change on a dime with injuries, even a suspension.

Verdict

Reaction score
I love how Memphis went into this game knowing they had to stop Parsons to have a chance offensively and they still couldn't do a thing about it.

This kid has a chance to be a generational talent, period.

Yes but they did a VERY bad job of accounting for him. What might be most impressive about Parsons is he seems to be able to get really small in getting through a crease in the line and once he gets through he has incredible burst. If he stays healthy he has a chance to be really awesome.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I will after I state this fact. You did not say, I think he will be a failure. You said, he will be a failure. There must be something to your prognosticating, because I just came from taking a leak. Wow!
It means the same thing, either way, it is said. "I think" is implied even if it is not said. I don't have magical powers to know the future so of course, it's just "I think".

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
10 tackles, 2 TFL’s, 1 FF and 1 FR vs OSU.

#Destroyed

tenor.gif

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
What are you talking about. You are running around here pumping your chest about who knows what. I still have no idea bc you folded like a cheap lawn chair when I pressed you. Going around telling people I will be the one saying "I told you so"...

but when I ask you to clarify your position, so it's clear when you are wrong, so I can come back and tell you, you were wrong, you run and hide like a chump..you want to play both sides, can't have it that way..I didn't expect anything else from you to be honest
So just FYI Joe King here started out as a straight troll. One of his first posts was something about Tony Romo drinking toilet water. He then fashioned himself as an intense Romo supporter to criticize Dak. Long story short he doesn't really believe anything he posts because his presence here is specifically intended to bother people. He's in good company though because this board is troll central.

JBS

Reaction score
So just FYI Joe King here started out as a straight troll. One of his first posts was something about Tony Romo drinking toilet water. He then fashioned himself as an intense Romo supporter to criticize Dak. Long story short he doesn't really believe anything he posts because his presence here is specifically intended to bother people. He's in good company though because this board is troll central.

For somebody that spends their entire day trolling, he isn't very good at it. I put him in check rather easily.

Zman5

Reaction score
This reminds me of watching Roy Williams (safety) highlights before drafting him.
I think Parsons will have a similar kind of impact his first few years with just his athleticism alone.

I hope Parson's career pans out better than RWills.