Micah Parsons 2019 Cotton Bowl Defensive MVP

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I posted a thread with an interview with McClay. He talks about what goes into a draft and what they consider. It is a mix of BPA and need. Need seems to take over as the draft progresses into later rounds. Teams looking to fill needs allowed Cox to fall into the 4th round.

EXACTLY................BPA AND NEED.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of watching #11 for a little while at Penn State. I say a "little while" because we never got to see him on the field during what would have been his 'true' junior season.

As a Penn State alum, I'm just gonna come right out and say it. He definitely showed flashes of the 'other' PSU #11 linebacker -- Lavar Arrington. Both were also highly productive RBs in high school. Both were also heralded 5 star recruits.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Looks great against Memphis, but don't turn on the Ohio State or other games where he got destroyed.

Can't shed blocks. That's my biggest concern.
Well he did well enough that season to be named first team All-American before he ever even played in that Cotton Bowl against Memphis. He couldn’t have been “destroyed” very much that season.

The Penn State defense ranked #11 in the country in 2019 with Parsons. In 2020, without Parsons, they ranked 44th.

That isn’t a guy that was getting “destroyed” by opposing offenses.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Love Pitts and he is going to a great passing game and has other weapons around him. With Julio Jones probably moving on this year or next year, he will get plenty of balls his way very soon.

But we didnt need him. We needed defense. Falcons are in desperate need of OL. They may have been better served taking Sewel. They need defense and OL bad and they took a TE.

I'm glad they took him. I didn't want Jerry sniffing his jock strap come draft time.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I think its going to be interesting to see what position he ends up at and where he gets played. I think he does best playing downhill in space. In the middle where he has to be shedding blockers and reading things, I think a lot of his strengths will be neutralized.

I believe that the outside LB in this defense is the LEO, am I right? I think he would do well on the weakside like that.

The Realist

Reaction score
This reminds me of watching Roy Williams (safety) highlights before drafting him.
I think Parsons will have a similar kind of impact his first few years with just his athleticism alone.

I hope Parson's career pans out better than RWills.

If Roy Williams ran 4.39 he’s in the Hall of Fame.

Zman5

Reaction score
If Roy Williams ran 4.39 he’s in the Hall of Fame.

I doubt it. Even with that speed, I doubt he could still cover. He was a prototypical box safety .and the game changed and he couldn't adjust.
If he played 15 years prior, he probably would be in the HOF. Just like Steve Atwater.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Then stop trying to monitor my excitement for players. You suck at it, fanboy.
More like monitoring your tracks you backed up on hot take Jake. Everyone needs attention some time I guess. 15 min up.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
This is the bowl game that Parsons played in at AT&T Stadium.

If you haven’t watched his highlights from this game you should take about 11 minutes to watch what this guy can do. It is only highlights from that one game but he makes quite a few plays in it.

It is easy to see the blistering speed that he plays with and even though he’s still just figuring LB out, his instincts for finding the ball and negotiating through traffic on the way to the QB are very good. He has a real knack for getting home on the pass rush. When he decides to go… he moves with rare suddenness and explosion.

Keep in mind that he is just a true Sophomore here and this is just highlights from one game. Phenomenal talent.

The fact that you are high on this guy makes me feel good about the pick. I always enjoy your take brother.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
More like monitoring your tracks you backed up on hot take Jake. Everyone needs attention some time I guess. 15 min up.
You told me to be more excited about Micah Parsons. That is monitoring my feelings. You say you don't care but in another post you contradict yourself. You're just all over the place. :huh:

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
You told me to be more excited about Micah Parsons. That is monitoring my feelings. You say you don't care but in another post you contradict yourself. You're just all over the place. :huh:
I said it’s A SHAME you can’t be more excited. Never told you to be more excited. Those are actually my feelings. And I’m all over the place? Hahahhaha

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I said it’s A SHAME you can’t be more excited. Never told you to be more excited. Those are actually my feelings. And I’m all over the place? Hahahhaha
That implies you care but we all know you don't, so yes, you are all over the place.