Micah Parsons interview

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yes, I heard him talk and I liked what he had to say. Why is that difficult to understand? Seriously? Why is that hard for you to comprehend? I heard a bunch of negative stuff before the draft. I listen to him speak and he doesn't come across as how he was portrayed. I'm encouraged by that.

As far as setting myself up for disappointment goes, I promiss you that you don't need to protect me from myself. I can take it. If I root for this kid and he doesn't pan out, I'll be OK.
Ultimately, I think this is the way a lot of the Cowboys fans are. Pleasantly surprised at his off the field presentation.

Parsons is so ridiculously talented that Dallas fans should have been clamoring for him to be taken at pick 10. They weren’t though. The reason? Because people had made him out to be some big character risk that football fans naturally shy away from. Fans want squeaky clean in the drafts top 10.

Of course the truth isn’t close to what people had made it out to be.

The fans now, having processed just how physically talented Micah is, are being pleasantly surprised at how likable and knowledgeable he really is. People are realizing that Dallas got the most talented defender in the draft and there really isn’t a character issue to be concerned with.

So, fans are now getting excited about the Parsons pick and it is absolutely noteworthy to them that he doesn’t seem like a bad guy. It is a natural response when surprised in a positive manner.

Not to mention that there are 32 fan bases that are excited about their favorite teams top pick and they’re all looking for positives. That also is a natural response .

shabazz

Reaction score
You all are so eager to like Parsons before he has played a single down of football as a Cowboy. Why does this matter? If he doesn't play well are you going to give a pass to your new best friend Micah? All I care about is if he can play his position well and contribute to the team winning. I couldn't care less about this rookie's interviews and how likeable he is at this point as a person. If he does his job well, I will like him. Why any of you entertain all this other nonsense before he has established himself as a real contributor is beyond me. Give me interviews of Dak or Zeke or Zack, not the rookies.

The interview gave a me a thrill shooting up and down my leg

shabazz

Reaction score
I bet it did. You should see a doctor about that.

I couldn’t help but think of Chris Mathews saying that very thing when referring to the Messiah, but I digress.

I agree with you that a love affair starts with certain players and fans here based on very little substantive. The love affairs gain intensity and they remain loyal even after 5 years and perhaps just 1 playoff win to show for it

Some even want to reward their beloved with 40 million and year contracts despite failure to achieve anything meaningful......

Scotman

Reaction score
Ultimately, I think this is the way a lot of the Cowboys fans are. Pleasantly surprised at his off the field presentation.

Parsons is so ridiculously talented that Dallas fans should have been clamoring for him to be taken at pick 10. They weren’t though. The reason? Because people had made him out to be some big character risk that football fans naturally shy away from. Fans want squeaky clean in the drafts top 10.

Of course the truth isn’t close to what people had made it out to be.

The fans now, having processed just how physically talented Micah is, are being pleasantly surprised at how likable and knowledgeable he really is. People are realizing that Dallas got the most talented defender in the draft and there really isn’t a character issue to be concerned with.

So, fans are now getting excited about the Parsons pick and it is absolutely noteworthy to them that he doesn’t seem like a bad guy. It is a natural response when surprised in a positive manner.

Not to mention that there are 32 fan bases that are excited about their favorite teams top pick and they’re all looking for positives. That also is a natural response .

You're 100% correct. And fans like me are the easiest to sway. I don't watch college ball at all. I don't start thinking about the upcoming draft until after the Superbowl. So, I'm getting a steady diet of what the media (and this board) are serving. This interview was the first time I have heard him speak at length.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You all are so eager to like Parsons before he has played a single down of football as a Cowboy. Why does this matter? If he doesn't play well are you going to give a pass to your new best friend Micah? All I care about is if he can play his position well and contribute to the team winning. I couldn't care less about this rookie's interviews and how likeable he is at this point as a person. If he does his job well, I will like him. Why any of you entertain all this other nonsense before he has established himself as a real contributor is beyond me. Give me interviews of Dak or Zeke or Zack, not the rookies.
Scrooge......is that you?