Twitter: Micah Parsons Media Session Tweetcap - 09/02/21

MikeB80

Reaction score
And keeps it going. Remember Greg Hardy smashing him early but they still routed us by the end of it,

i remember hardy hit him late and it should have been a penalty. After that the patriots sideline was pissed off and brady was livid. They torched the cowboys in the second half.

The other thing I remember about that day was about 15 minutes after I had crossed collins street to walk to my car someone was shot at a tailgate in front of the stadium.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
please dont put that expectation on rookie..lets play as a team not one man show,,if parsons gets that done, great but slow down a bit.

if this turns out to MP and bunch of jags thy double MP all day and then what?

we have deeper safety, lb and cb group then weve had in long time use them all to help RG and Dlaw get to their man ..team game man

i can see MP become a superstar at some point but dont think fans need to say it al him or bust, thats too heavy.
My expectations are always high when you draft a player in the upper half of the first round (except for a QB, most of them are reaches), Barring any injury, Parsons will elevate the defense, mostly because of the position he is playing (LB), similar to Dak (QB) on offense. Of course, it's a team sport, you are stating the obvious.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That last tweet..........he sure says the right things man. If the game matches that it's going to be nasty.
When I see Parsons I just go back to just a few months back at the chatter that was about how he was a bad person, questioned his character, etc. I'm just in awe of him when I see him. Granted, its mostly in interviews or on Hard Knocks but I don't think you can put up a front for this long. Seems like a cool guy who guys love to play with.

To compare I remember how Clowney even in college everything was business. Its that way for a lot of these guys. Parsons just comes across as someone who likes to play football.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Parsons must be on cloud 9! He balls out in college which puts himself in position to be drafted high in the 1st round by his favorite team growing up. He makes several comments before and during the draft he wants Dallas to draft him. He gets the call from Jerry saying he is the pick. Then he join the teams and quickly becomes the #1 LB on the team and being positioned as a leader and face of the defense. Add in all the hype to be DROY for his favorite team. Amazing when you think about it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Parsons must be on cloud 9! He balls out in college which puts himself in position to be drafted high in the 1st round by his favorite team growing up. He makes several comments before and during the draft he wants Dallas to draft him. He gets the call from Jerry saying he is the pick. Then he join the teams and quickly becomes the #1 LB on the team and being positioned as a leader and face of the defense. Add in all the hype to be DROY for his favorite team. Amazing when you think about it.
I think he would've been good with whatever team drafted him....but I know it feels special going to the team his dad loves....

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
When I see Parsons I just go back to just a few months back at the chatter that was about how he was a bad person, questioned his character, etc. I'm just in awe of him when I see him. Granted, its mostly in interviews or on Hard Knocks but I don't think you can put up a front for this long. Seems like a cool guy who guys love to play with.

To compare I remember how Clowney even in college everything was business. Its that way for a lot of these guys. Parsons just comes across as someone who likes to play football.
I questioned his character but seems like he made a mistake, owned up to it and has been a high character guy. Locker room likes him as you see on hard knocks how he interacts with almost everybody. From chess, to connect 4, to his mom cooking meals.

I was wrong about Parsons at 12 and that's a great thing.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I questioned his character but seems like he made a mistake, owned up to it and has been a high character guy. Locker room likes him as you see on hard knocks how he interacts with almost everybody. From chess, to connect 4, to his mom cooking meals.

Happy you came around. 2 more guys on this board to go.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LB Micah Parsons on facing Tom Brady: “He’s one of the greatest to ever do it. I really look up to a guy like Tom Brady because I want to have a long career as he did.” Tweeted Answer
Translation of LB Micah Parsons on facing Tom Brady: Sacking that old Bas*Tar* would be my best day ever, just wait until I sack his slow a** 4 times on Thursday Night! Get Your Pop Corn Ready America!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Happy you came around. 2 more guys on this board to go.
I call it like i see it. When im wrong i say it, i don't feel the need to defend an opinion i had when it was wrong. Some will continue defending their opinion when the right thing to do is just say, welp i got that one wrong.

Im happy about Parsons though and said i would cheer for him as soon as he was drafted. I also said i would have taken him in the first, just not top 15. So far he looks well worth the pick, looks to be the best defender in the draft and worthy of top 10 pick

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The praise this kid gets makes me want to barf. How upset would cowboyszone be if he breaks a leg?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
At least he's not going in as cocky as Chase Young did and got completely shut out.
You never poke the GOAT. You gotta sneak up on him. ;)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Hey I already admitted that on my part. I feel foolish for not even suggesting him at 12.....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Parsons wasn't a Cowboys fan growing up. His parents were.