Video: Michael Gallup film study

superonyx

Reaction score
Being a non homer..
He seems to struggle with getting separation. He seems tough after the catch and does a decent job on 50/50 balls.
I don't think he is as strong as Dez or as good at the 50/50 balls as Dez was.
I'm not yet sold on him as our starter. He seems to have trouble with CB's who jam him at the line. He isnt elusive enough to make them pay for press coverage.

Overall he seems like a guy who will make some plays. Just not sure he is better than T Will yet.....and im not a T Will fan at all.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Being a non homer..
He seems to struggle with getting separation. He seems tough after the catch and does a decent job on 50/50 balls.
I don't think he is as strong as Dez or as good at the 50/50 balls as Dez was.
I'm not yet sold on him as our starter. He seems to have trouble with CB's who jam him at the line. He isnt elusive enough to make them pay for press coverage.

Overall he seems like a guy who will make some plays. Just not sure he is better than T Will yet.....and im not a T Will fan at all.

So all of the scouts who say he does get seperation and can handle jams at the line, are being homers?

superonyx

Reaction score
So all of the scouts who say he does get seperation and can handle jams at the line, are being homers?
I havent seen these scouts say this. Getting separation in college is and getting off a jam is nothing like it is in the pros.

He was a 3rd round pick for a reason. Sorry it hurts your feelings to accept that he has flaws in his game that made him a 3rd round pick.

This message board had no mention of Michael Gallup before the draft. And we talked about 10 different WR's. Stop pretending.

So according to you he should have went before Ridley and DJ Moore i guess. Gotcha.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I havent seen these scouts say this. Getting separation in college is and getting off a jam is nothing like it is in the pros.

He was a 3rd round pick for a reason. Sorry it hurts your feelings to accept that he has flaws in his game that made him a 3rd round pick.

This message board had no mention of Michael Gallup before the draft. And we talked about 10 different WR's. Stop pretending.

So according to you he should have went before Ridley and DJ Moore i guess. Gotcha.

All in all it seems you are still not over Dez! I mean the intensity in your post are real lol.

Sydla

Reaction score
Gallup is not as big or as strong as Bryant was coming out of Okie State.

Don't take that as me dumping on the kid, but the Bryant comparisons are stretching it at this point and likely setting an unnecessary bar for the kid. In what was a weak WR in terms of elite pass catchers, he was still a third round pick for a reason.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Don't take that as me dumping on the kid, but the Bryant comparisons are stretching it at this point and likely setting an unnecessary bar for the kid. In what was a weak WR in terms of elite pass catchers, he was still a third round pick for a reason.
If you look at his stats, and yes I know he played for a small school. The kid lit it up. He catches everything and can be a great outlet for Dak.

superonyx

Reaction score
Yeah I'd rather believe the scouts for the time being!
You mean you would rather believe the scouts that tell you what you want to hear.
The youtube scouts right?
Make sure you ignore the scouts that had him as a 3rd round draft pick.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

So the fans comparing Gallup to Dez is setting the bar for him in the NFL? Now that's stretching it.

He wasn't even drafted with the pressure of replacing Dez. He is a moving part within the wr corps just like the coaches are planning it to be. No #1's remember!

HungryLion

Reaction score

LOL hurts my feelings? Not really man I’m simply asking a question. You saying Gallup can’t separate and can’t get off the jam doesn’t make you a “non homer”. And make anybody who likes the Gallup pick a homer.

As a matter of fact, I haven’t even offered my opinion of Gallup, so I find it quite hilarious that you mak an assumption on what I think about him and how good he will be, all so you can attempt to mock me for having “hurt feelings”. I also never mentioned Moore or Ridley. So again, pretty pathetic to put words in my mouth just to try and make your point.

There is a reason Gallup was a 3rd round pick. He lacks elite athleticism or size. He is average size for a receiver and his speed is also average. Neither are a detriment but neither are a strength. That’s why he was a 3rd round pick, teams like to take better athletes than he is, in the first and second rounds.

Gallup IS technically sound, runs good routes, is good at reading defenders bodies and is good at getting off jams at the college level. He was also good at getting seperation at the college level.

Which is why I questioned your comment. Because he has been good at getting seperation thus far.

superonyx

Reaction score
All in all it seems you are still not over Dez! I mean the intensity in your post are real lol.
Sorry but some people can be objective about Michael Gallup without it having anything to do with Dez.
Gallup is a cowboy so I like him much better than Dez. Doesnt mean i need to act blind or stupid. Why do you feel the need?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
High ceiling guy. It's funny that he compares him to Dez, that's the comparison I thought of as soon as we drafted him.
he reminds me of Michael Williams that everybody was so high on a few years back that turned out to be... Nothing!

blueblood70

Reaction score

its huge stretch, people can dump on DB all they want, Fact: he is 1st in TDs, 3rd in rec, and 5th in yards all time cowboys Records..that right all the history of great WR and Dez is right there on top.. you don't do that in 8 years without being good, at time Great..the other 88s admit Dez was great, they were fine with him sharing the number..

Witt and Dez has regressed but that doesnt mean you dismiss what they've done, he didnt get to where he got just relying on his strength and jumping ablity..he was nearly uncoverable for 3-4 yrs..he demanded DBL teams..if he could truly only run 3 routes id say hed be an easy cover.. he got most of those yards in his prime beating DBl teams.. sure it took a Romo to get him the ball but im sick of the disrespect to Cowboy greats that are at the end of their careers..sure time to go but STOP the BS already..