Video: Michael Gallup film study

Nexx

Reaction score
The truth is he lacks elite anything.
He was a 3rd round pick because he is good at most things and great at none.
I think he can contribute. I just see a guy who's more than likely going to be a Nelson Agholor level receiver at this level.

Not someone I think we need to over hype.

Nelson Agholor? Nelson isn't physical and drops balls. Gallup is just the opposite. Horrible comparison.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The truth is he lacks elite anything.
He was a 3rd round pick because he is good at most things and great at none.
I think he can contribute. I just see a guy who's more than likely going to be a Nelson Agholor level receiver at this level.

Not someone I think we need to over hype.
Nope he doesn't actually. The one thing elite he does possess is insane statistics. Go look at his numbers in his college career actually I did it for you below. He catches everything and is always where he needs to be.

Gallup
2016- 76 REC 1272 YDS 16.7 AVG 65 LNG 14 TDS
2017- 94 REC 1345 YDS 14.3 AVG 76 LNG 7 TDS
Moore
2016- 41 REC 637 YDS 15.5 AVG 92 LNG 6 TDS
2017- 80 REC 1033 YDS 12.9 AVG 52 LNG 8 TDS
Ridley
2016- 72 REC 769 YDS 10.7 AVG 52 LNG 7 TDS
2017- 55 REC 896 YDS 16.3 AVG 78 LNG 3 TDS

Tell me again how Moore and Ridley are better? @DakPresgoat You're welcome.

superonyx

Reaction score
Nope he doesn't actually. The one thing elite he does possess is insane statistics. Go look at his numbers in his college career actually I did it for you below. He catches everything and is always where he needs to be.

Gallup
2016- 76 REC 1272 YDS 16.7 AVG 65 LNG 14 TDS
2017- 94 REC 1345 YDS 14.3 AVG 76 LNG 7 TDS
Moore
2016- 41 REC 637 YDS 15.5 AVG 92 LNG 6 TDS
2017- 80 REC 1033 YDS 12.9 AVG 52 LNG 8 TDS
Ridley
2016- 72 REC 769 YDS 10.7 AVG 52 LNG 7 TDS
2017- 55 REC 896 YDS 16.3 AVG 78 LNG 3 TDS

Tell me again how Moore and Ridley are better? @DakPresgoat You're welcome.

Impressive College stats to be sure.

Lets see who's are better and how they did. Uh oh.....I see T Will had 1832 yards......yikes.
How did any of these guys pan out at this level?

1 Trevor Insley 2060 1999 Nevada
2 Troy Edwards 1996 1998 Louisiana Tech
3 Michael Crabtree* 1962 2007 Texas Tech
4 Jordan White* 1911 2011 Western Michigan
5 Greg Salas* 1889 2010 Hawaii
6 Alex Van Dyke 1854 1995 Nevada
7 Terrance Williams* 1832 2012 Baylor

roughneck266

Reaction score
I didn't know almond M&M's were so expensive. lol. Seriously, though I love this guy's breakdown. Gallup looks to have a lot of the traits we are going to need. I hope he translates well to the NFL> I believe he will. Thanks for posting this.

superonyx

Reaction score
Nelson Agholor? Nelson isn't physical and drops balls. Gallup is just the opposite. Horrible comparison.
You only read what you wanted to read so you could attempt a sharp reply.
I said Nelson Agholor level WR. I didnt say his game mirrors Agholor.

BTW. Nelson Agholor was a 1st round draft pick.

HungryLion

Reaction score
This coming from the fruitcake who took the time to pull up a questionable photo. Everyone is talking football and you have now drifted off into your own personal fiteshes.

You getting exposed in a debate doesn't mean you have to expose your sexuality on a football forum. Keep it clean.

CPJbwU1WcAEcICF.png:large

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like the kid. Hard to compare a 205lb guy to Dez physically. Dez might not be a 4.3 guy but he can jump out of the building. I think Greg Jennings is a better comp IMO. And I will be more than happy if he becomes what Jennings was.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I havent seen these scouts say this. Getting separation in college is and getting off a jam is nothing like it is in the pros.

He was a 3rd round pick for a reason. Sorry it hurts your feelings to accept that he has flaws in his game that made him a 3rd round pick.

This message board had no mention of Michael Gallup before the draft. And we talked about 10 different WR's. Stop pretending.

So according to you he should have went before Ridley and DJ Moore i guess. Gotcha.
Go watch him against Alabama defense.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Being a non homer..
He seems to struggle with getting separation. He seems tough after the catch and does a decent job on 50/50 balls.
I don't think he is as strong as Dez or as good at the 50/50 balls as Dez was.
I'm not yet sold on him as our starter. He seems to have trouble with CB's who jam him at the line. He isnt elusive enough to make them pay for press coverage.

Overall he seems like a guy who will make some plays. Just not sure he is better than T Will yet.....and im not a T Will fan at all.

So all of the scouts who say he does get seperation and can handle jams at the line, are being homers?

I am with Superonyx. Watch the Alabama highlights. That's the type of player he will be facing in the NFL.

I will withhold judgement.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I like the kid. Hard to compare a 205lb guy to Dez physically. Dez might not be a 4.3 guy but he can jump out of the building. I think Greg Jennings is a better comp IMO. And I will be more than happy if he becomes what Jennings was.
Jennings is a very good comp.

superonyx

Reaction score
Go watch him against Alabama defense.
I have. Here is the video. His best catch was on a CB blitz so he didnt have anyone jamming him.
He dropped 2 passes. And the rest of the video i see no separation. One of the knocks against him i read was how he packed it in in the second half of the game because he became so frustrated by Bama in his face all night. Now imagine that being Sherman or Janoris Jenkins ect.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Doesn't matter..he wont be the X wr year 1. Hurns is that guy. He needs time to get coached up by our new WR guru Sanjay Lal. The kid has all the tools.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I have. Here is the video. His best catch was on a CB blitz so he didnt have anyone jamming him.
He dropped 2 passes. And the rest of the video i see no separation. One of the knocks against him i read was how he packed it in in the second half of the game because he became so frustrated by Bama in his face all night. Now imagine that being Sherman or Janoris Jenkins ect.

How did other WRs do against Alabama?

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I could see Gallup having a similar impact in his rookie year that Cooper Kupp or Juju Smith-Schuster had last year. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Cowboys had the WR’s ranked 1) Moore, 2) Ridley, 3) Sutton, 4) Gallup.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I could see Gallup having a similar impact in his rookie year that Cooper Kupp or Juju Smith-Schuster had last year. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the Cowboys had the WR’s ranked 1) Moore, 2) Ridley, 3) Sutton, 4) Gallup.
I think that is a real possibility. There was at least a claim that Gallup was in play at 50 but Williams and probably Reid were higher on the board.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think the kid will be as great as Greg Jennings or Isaac Bruce actually. Not in year 1,but watch out in year 2. I think him being a projected 2 wr this year is perfect for his development.

Nexx

Reaction score
You only read what you wanted to read so you could attempt a sharp reply.
I said Nelson Agholor level WR. I didnt say his game mirrors Agholor.

BTW. Nelson Agholor was a 1st round draft pick.

Nelson sucks cause he drops the ball and built like a twig thus keeps him from being at any decent level. I have very little doubt Gallup will be better than Nelson will ever be which is still not saying a whole lot. It is still a bad comparison whether you're talking level or type of player.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Impressive College stats to be sure.

Lets see who's are better and how they did. Uh oh.....I see T Will had 1832 yards......yikes.
How did any of these guys pan out at this level?

1 Trevor Insley 2060 1999 Nevada
2 Troy Edwards 1996 1998 Louisiana Tech
3 Michael Crabtree* 1962 2007 Texas Tech
4 Jordan White* 1911 2011 Western Michigan
5 Greg Salas* 1889 2010 Hawaii
6 Alex Van Dyke 1854 1995 Nevada
7 Terrance Williams* 1832 2012 Baylor
I can cherry pick too. I am not saying this kid is going to be all world lol. I am simply saying his production is undeniable. Will it translate? Time will tell. Lets also remember who was throwing him the ball. I am not anointing this kid as anything. I want to see him at least practice. However, he does get separation. I see you used the Alabama game as an example. That's one game. You using that game to judge his potential is just as crazy as me using just statistics to justify him being Jerry Rice. So. We are even sir. lol