Video: Michael Gallup film study

Rayman70

Reaction score
don't matter guys. I just want the competition to get started and lets see what shakes out. I want the best 11 to start on both sides of the ball..and I don't care about stats,or who was drafted where or who gets paid more. Its the Patriot way. The championship clubs in the NFL operate this way. Seattle,New England,and last year philly won with a variety of players that stepped up to fill big voids. I could give a rats arse about stats..I want smart hardworking players. A dumb overpaid player is what gets ya beat...see Chaz Green.

superonyx

Reaction score
How did other WRs do against Alabama?
We didnt draft any other WR's that played Alabama last year.
Deon Cain lit them up but we didnt draft him so it doesnt matter.

NFL defensive backs are better at man coverage than Alabama's CBs so he better figure out how to beat it because teams will load up and press the crap out of us daring us to beat them with anyone but Zeke.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that the key factor with Gallup - and all of these new receivers - can be summed up with one word - trust. Any receiver looking to have success here will have to build that with Dak Prescott. They will have to earn and maintain his trust.

Dak isn't the gunslinger type, obviously, and at this point, he needs to "see it" before he throws it. It's both a blessing and a curse for him. It helps him to not make mistakes and turn the ball over, but it's also why's he misses a lot of opportunities as well.

These receivers have to get him to trust that they will be exactly where there supposed to be, time and time again. Before he sees it happen, he needs to have the confidence that it will happen.

If Gallup can quickly establish that, he can quickly become one of this team's top receiving targets, because right now, the field is essentially wide open.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think that the key factor with Gallup - and all of these new receivers - can be summed up with one word - trust. Any receiver looking to have success here will have to build that with Dak Prescott. They will have to earn and maintain his trust.

Dak isn't the gunslinger type, obviously, and at this point, he needs to "see it" before he throws it. It's both a blessing and a curse for him. It helps him to not make mistakes and turn the ball over, but it's also why's he misses a lot of opportunities as well.

These receivers have to get him to trust that they will be exactly where there supposed to be, time and time again. Before he sees it happen, he needs to have the confidence that it will happen.

If Gallup can quickly establish that, he can quickly become one of this team's top receiving targets, because right now, the field is essentially wide open.
I see big things between Dak and Hurns first and foremost. It will be dynamic. That will only breed success and more balls to the youngsters like Gallup and Wilson.Deon Thompson is the forgotten man here. I think he will shine too.This will take the load off Zeke and preserve him for the post season run.

aikemirv

Reaction score
We didnt draft any other WR's that played Alabama last year.
Deon Cain lit them up but we didnt draft him so it doesnt matter.

NFL defensive backs are better at man coverage than Alabama's CBs so he better figure out how to beat it because teams will load up and press the crap out of us daring us to beat them with anyone but Zeke.

I hope we can coach him up. Maybe he has just not had good coaching getting off press coverage. He looks like he has the strength to be successful beating press. You can never really get good at something unless you face it a lot. Alabama manhandled him and from his production he was not manhandled very much otherwise. I have my fingers crossed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see big things between Dak and Hurns first and foremost. It will be dynamic. That will only breed success and more balls to the youngsters like Gallup and Wilson.Deon Thompson is the forgotten man here. I think he will shine too.This will take the load off Zeke and preserve him for the post season run.

I'd expect Hurns to be the main guy at first, but he just got here himself. One thing I like about him was that he looks like a much more reliable route runner than Bryant was. And that trait seems to be of the utmost importance on the team's wish list for this group.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
This is definitely a good pick, however it seems as if his route tree at CO State was more sophisticated than ours.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I know. I STUDIED THIS KID FOR LIKE 2 YEARS...he is a perfect fit and will be a better pro than college. HE IS NOT AFRAID.

Not sure that I’m prepared to say he’s better than Gallup, but I’m intrigued by Wilson. I wouldn’t be shocked if Gallup and Wilson are the starting WR’s in a couple of years.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This is definitely a good pick, however it seems as if his route tree at CO State was more sophisticated than ours.
no...its that we have receivers except for Beasley THAT were lazy and didn't learn the route tree. Now our wr corp is remade and has unselfish hardworking guys who want to be better. I expect good things as the season goes on.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not sure that I’m prepared to say he’s better than Gallup, but I’m intrigued by Wilson. I wouldn’t be shocked if Gallup and Wilson are the starting WR’s in a couple of years.
In 2019 I think TWILL will be a thing of the past,and our starting guys will be Hurns,Gallup and Beasley...with Wilson getting more and more Playing time.

mardwin

Reaction score
Looks more like T.O than Dez. The kid can run a route though.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
In 2019 I think TWILL will be a thing of the past,and our starting guys will be Hurns,Gallup and Beasley...with Wilson getting more and more Playing time.
Maybe. Unless TWill improves his hands catching and performs well this season. TWill's team friendly contract also helps him out.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Voch is a good dude, very apt at breaking down players especially offensive lineman (he played the position).