Video: Michael Gallup film study

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have actually seen Michael Gallup play. I can only say this, I think the fans are going to be very happy with this kid.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Touchdowns over the last two seasons? However if you allow for ALABAMA vs Colorado state, maybe that is about even..That and Ridley runs a 4:43 40, and Gallup a 4.51 40..Ridley allegedly a better route runner and probably had to be..Im Pleased with Gallup, St John and Gallup were my targets before draft anyway.. The other Wr has something as well..Nothing to do but see what they bring in camp..

Im not sure how TWill disappeared last year, but he seems to find new ways yearly..

One more thought on Ridley..See KD Cannon..He reminds me of a less precise Ridley..Lol..

Just as an FYI, Gallup ran a 4.42 and a 4.6 at the Combine. At his pro day, he posted a 40 time of 4.45. I think Ridley is probably a little bit faster but Gallup is not slow, by any means. He beat Bama's secondary deep repeatedly and they showed him double coverage.

Billyd

Reaction score
Just as an FYI, Gallup ran a 4.42 and a 4.6 at the Combine. At his pro day, he posted a 40 time of 4.45. I think Ridley is probably a little bit faster but Gallup is not slow, by any means. He beat Bama's secondary deep repeatedly and they showed him double coverage.

I didnt see the 4.42..Even better..He has the run it like you stole it mentality..Good hands and body control/adjust during the catch!

birdwells1

Reaction score
I think that the key factor with Gallup - and all of these new receivers - can be summed up with one word - trust. Any receiver looking to have success here will have to build that with Dak Prescott. They will have to earn and maintain his trust.

Dak isn't the gunslinger type, obviously, and at this point, he needs to "see it" before he throws it. It's both a blessing and a curse for him. It helps him to not make mistakes and turn the ball over, but it's also why's he misses a lot of opportunities as well.

These receivers have to get him to trust that they will be exactly where there supposed to be, time and time again. Before he sees it happen, he needs to have the confidence that it will happen.

If Gallup can quickly establish that, he can quickly become one of this team's top receiving targets, because right now, the field is essentially wide open.

Dak needs to have confidence in his reading of the defense, that's why he has to see it before he throws it. NFL defenses can be confusing and if think that it's man when it's zone the that could be an issue.

birdwells1

Reaction score
exactly. Dooley was an enabler. He didn't hold Dez accountable on his routes..and it affected the entire corp. Sanjay Lal will get these youngsters going,big time.Beasley will be even better. TWILL...I don't think will be around much longer honestly.

The position coach has to have the backing off the HC, to he HC has to have the backing of the owner. JJ coddles the players so position coaches don't want to step on the star players toes because it may cost them their jobs.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The Dez comparisons don't really make sense to me. Dez won with dominant athleticism - exploding upfield after the catch, posterizing dudes on fade routes, powering through tackles for first downs and scores. Gallup is an average to above average athlete - 63rd percentile per 3 Sigma Athlete, which combined with a developed all-around game is pretty darn good. But he's not going to score 14 TDs just on sheer physical ability like Dez used to.

I had him as my #5 receiver in the draft with a 3rd round grade. I think he's well-rounded, but there's not one trait of his that really sticks out to me. If he fails, it probably be because he doesn't really win in any one area. OTOH, he can play outside (which we badly need) and do everything fairly well there.