Michael Gallup has to be ready to play

davidariust24

Reaction score
I think we have all watched alot of Patriot games since Brady and Belichick have been on the sidelines. What they are going to do is double Cooper since he is huge mismatch for whoever guards him one on one and put their best corner on Gallup. This is supposed to slow down our passing attack which now is a strength of our offense. This will allow them to focus on our run game.

I heard I'll n the radio that we are 5-17 when our defense is on the field for more than 30 mins and we are something like 23-4 when our defense is on the field for less than 30 mins so the Patriots will want to control the clock. One with great defense and two with ball control. They will want to get pressure without blitzing but if they have to they will since we've only given up 12 sacks for the season. They have to get pressure in Dak. They also know our weakness is screens and misdirection blocks. We are going to have to diagnose well and tackles well in this game. I feel the cowboys can win this game. What do you guys say

cowboyec

Reaction score
he and Cobb need to be ready...I think NE will try to take away Amari.
Jason Witten and Blake Jarwin could prove very prominent also...considering NE has at times struggled vs good TEs.
I also hope we use both Zeke and Pollard more in the screen game.
I think we'll be ready.....it feels like the new orleans game last year....this team loves the challenge with back to the wall mentality.
I think they will respond.
Michael Bennett will prove to be a great addition to this team in the stretch run.
he is a really smart/tough player...especially this time of year.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I am expecting Cooper to get doubles but I think Gilmore is going to be tasked with handling Gallup in one on one coverage which could be as effective as a double. Look for Randall, Jarwin and Pollard to have big games and look for those players to have success very early in the game.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Michael Gallup. He was my pick for most improved player going onto this season and has not disappointed.

I definitely think the Cowboys CAN win Sunday. It’s going to take a complete game from all phases. We match up pretty well individually, player by player, but where we are at a deficit is NE plays as a TEAM better than anyone team in the league.

Guys like Gallup, Pollard, Cobb and Jarwin are all going to have to provide some A game juice.

dcstar

Reaction score
Activate Mr Wilson and/or Mr Street...run 4-5 receiver sets. Run n shoot. Shake it up.

To be sure the Cowboy defense will be all over screens etc...watch out for a lateral then pass down field.

Go Cowboys!

catiii

Reaction score
Every post above is excellent. All of the above I say!
The Patriots will indeed try to take out our biggest threat and that is the passing game. Here's my humble addition on the subject.
Michael Gallup and all these guys can be ready. Our WR corps, including backups who rarely get to play, are first rate and our QB is a developing star.
What these guys need to get ready is a leader, and by that I don't mean someone who makes them "feel" good.
Facing a bigger-than-life team like the Patriots is all mental, the same way facing a larger karate opponent is all mental. See my signature for more.
What these guys need is a coach - who can mentally prepare them to do battle with the skills and physical capabilities that they already know they've got and who can give them the plan to do that battle that is so good and so well-thought-out, that this plan will give them the confidence to carry it out to perfection with no fear of failure..
Once I drew up the physical battle plan for this game, this would be my battle psychology plan for this game if I was HC - one Mr Bellicheat knows well...what of Mr Garrett?
:popcorn:

Last edited:

Johnny23

Reaction score
Cooper is drawing Gilmore. Best on best. They will double on occasion. If you thought Slay locked him up last week wait until the potential dpoy locks him down this Sunday.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Activate Mr Wilson and/or Mr Street...run 4-5 receiver sets. Run n shoot. Shake it up.

To be sure the Cowboy defense will be all over screens etc...watch out for a lateral then pass down field.

Go Cowboys!
Totally agree.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Gallup's been reliable all season long (with the exception of the Jets game). Crazy how it's only his 2nd season and you just kind of expect him to have a good game on a weekly basis now.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cooper is drawing Gilmore. Best on best. They will double on occasion. If you thought Slay locked him up last week wait until the potential dpoy locks him down this Sunday.
Yep. Gallup will likely see the double team.

CWR

Reaction score
I think we have all watched alot of Patriot games since Brady and Belichick have been on the sidelines. What they are going to do is double Cooper since he is huge mismatch for whoever guards him one on one and put their best corner on Gallup. This is supposed to slow down our passing attack which now is a strength of our offense. This will allow them to focus on our run game.

I heard I'll n the radio that we are 5-17 when our defense is on the field for more than 30 mins and we are something like 23-4 when our defense is on the field for less than 30 mins so the Patriots will want to control the clock. One with great defense and two with ball control. They will want to get pressure without blitzing but if they have to they will since we've only given up 12 sacks for the season. They have to get pressure in Dak. They also know our weakness is screens and misdirection blocks. We are going to have to diagnose well and tackles well in this game. I feel the cowboys can win this game. What do you guys say

Gilmore may be one on one vs Coop. Their secondary is so good BB may let em go and focus on Zeke, hoping Dak will make a mistake.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Gallup's been reliable all season long (with the exception of the Jets game). Crazy how it's only his 2nd season and you just kind of expect him to have a good game on a weekly basis now.
That was a result of a poor game plan and not taking another NFL team seriously regardless of how bad they may be...........100% poor coaching.

NorTex

Reaction score
We need to stay out of 3rd and long! Gotta be able to matriculate down the field. Get those safeties moving toward the line of scrimmage either by successfully running the ball or short passes, then hit the big plays over the top.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coop is injured yet caught first downs the few times he was on the field. I don't think he was shut down as much as he isn't 100%. I hope he heals up to the point where he can stay on the field.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
If there were ever a game where 90million needs a break out game, this is it. I am hoping it is for a couple of reasons.

1. Really want 90million back in the fold, dominating.
2. Helps Dallas win. Keeps the defense off of the field if the offense can turn out long scoring drives with 90 million at the front getting business done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I dont believe BillB will double anyone to start game,

He will first load up to stop run and let his best pass defense in the league go man on all wrs..its what they do best, best on best should be interesting but they wont start the game doubling anyone IMO..its an ego thing BILLB knows how to beat most teams best and first its turning us into pass team ie one making us one dimensional then adjust and keep us guessing..

they are ranked first in most defensive categorys.. its going to be tough..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Coop, Gallup, and Cobb has to be ready to play. The Pats can't neutralize all, so I expect the passing attack to still be effective.