Video: Michael Gallup: "I Would Never Say That"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
but why can't we keep them both?

The salary cap for sure. We're quickly reaching a bottleneck, with escalating costs for guys like Dak, Elliott and Lawrence, with a cap that appears destined to go down, if only for a year or two. It will likely take some creative accounting to hold onto what we have.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I suggest they hype him up to trade him in the offseason. Rather than resign. Signing Amari and drafting CD allowed the front office some flexibility with how they handle Gallup.

Its all about his price for me. If Gallup wants 12 million per year, then I sign Gallup and trade or cut Cooper in two years. If he wants 20 million per year, trade him now. They cant wait to find out. Has to be in the offseason.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Its all about his price for me. If Gallup wants 12 million per year, then I sign Gallup and trade or cut Cooper in two years. If he wants 20 million per year, trade him now. They cant wait to find out. Has to be in the offseason.
In what world does gallup take 12m a year lol. Where do you guys get #'s from?

jrumann59

Reaction score
If everything is great with Cooper and he has a $20 million year? Sure. I'd explore my options as well. But it would take a 1st round pick at a minimum for me to break up the current WR corps early.
Well the decision will have to be made some time next season, trade him, let him play out his 4th year, re-sign him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'd intertwine his fate with Cooper's. If Cooper doesn't prove to be worth every penny of his $20 million per year, I'm approaching Gallup with a big deal to ultimately replace Cooper. But if all goes well with everyone, I don't see how they could afford Gallup too. Unless the cap somehow explodes for 2022.

1000%......exactly what I expect to happen if Gallup continues to play at a high level. Remember Coop deal has an out after 2 years, just in time to let him walk and lockup Gallup long-term.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Can't wait to see Gallup's continued improvement, as well, see Gallup, Cooper, Lamb on the field together.
Good luck covering them.

You've got a TE to contend w also, and it ain't like the backs are nothing.

This team has no excuses and needs to put it together now. Theres no more waiting years to get all the perfect pieces in place.

Let's win now.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good luck covering them.

You've got a TE to contend w also, and it ain't like the backs are nothing.

This team has no excuses and needs to put it together now. Theres no more waiting years to get all the perfect pieces in place.

Let's win now.

And I'm a Dak supporter but I also concede that there are absolutely no excuses for him not to perform this year either.

There isn't another quarterback in the league with this level of offense and overall firepower around him. If the Cowboys aren't among the best offenses in the league and scoring big points, I will be questioning the quarterback as well.

He's betting on himself and the pressure will be immense. He now has to come through, for himself and everyone else.

No excuses.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In what world does gallup take 12m a year lol. Where do you guys get #'s from?

What do you think #1 receivers are getting in FA there chief? Two more years of over 1000 yards in this offense and he will be a prized target for some WR hungry team to be their #1 WR.

We just paid Cooper 20 million and Gallup had a similar type season.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
What do you think #1 receivers are getting in FA there chief? Two more years of over 1000 yards in this offense and he will be a prized target for some WR hungry team to be their #1 WR.

We just paid Cooper 20 million and Gallup had a similar type season.
Exactly gallup will be looking for $20m. You said sign him for $12m. Why would gallup sign that? Lol

cern

Reaction score
The salary cap for sure. We're quickly reaching a bottleneck, with escalating costs for guys like Dak, Elliott and Lawrence, with a cap that appears destined to go down, if only for a year or two. It will likely take some creative accounting to hold onto what we have.
2 more years on gallup's deal. At least 3 on lamb. No rush.

cern

Reaction score
They are misinformed. They misremembered..they make misstatements. They are amiss. Usually it's just emotional more than anything else.