Twitter: Michael Irvin: Bring back Dez Bryant now!

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Does he come with a time machine? The middle of his prime was about 6 years ago.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dez has said multiple times he wants to play with a contender.

I don't think you understand the NFL - do you think 32 teams call every free agent that hits the market? Again, Dez is nearing 30 with 3 2 injury plagued years and a disappointing 2017 season and still had a team wanting to give him a long term contract and 2 other teams that pushed hard to get him and that's ALL that we know of, we don't know other teams that may have had some interest in him.

Whether it's the right decision or not, Dez simply doesn't want to play with a loser right now...outside of maybe the Cowboys and I'm thinking that has something to do with proving something to the Jones duo.
Ahh, another "you don't know football: angle from the self proclaimed expert himself.
If what you say is true, than Bryant is dumber than anyone thought. Because he was released in the offseason. How the **** would he know what team is a "contender" or not?
He wouldn't. He thought he deserved a bigger salary than the one or two offers.
Too bad he put more effort into Twitter than football. The writing has been on the wall for a while.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
bringing dez back is not going to fix the dallas cowboys now its to late for all that until the qb play gets much better this is what they are and the coaching

Big_D

Reaction score
Sadly this will accomplish nothing at all. It will just add to the existing circus atmosphere and make the front office and coaching staff look even more pathetic than they already are.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jeez -- I'm pretty sure that Michael's bromance w/Dez is interfering with his more sensible judgment.

For one thing, Dez has already had his chances with the Cowboys and for another, he's washed up!

Last edited:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The giants are falling all over themselves to get him. I am afraid/happy? to say I doubt we lose enough games to get him. Maybe in a trade up though.

This, was going to make another post that the gnats are out sixers us and trusting there process to get there QB.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Bring back romo Witt and dez lol

Romo sees the weak division and knows he’s better than dak

Witt is bad at his new job

Dez is bored and wants to play

And at the moment cowboys aren’t very good

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Loved Mike as player but he needs to stop trying to be Dez's agent

T-RO

Reaction score
....Dez stated recently what kind of team he wants to play for. He wants to play for a contender - As I stated, we can debate if this is the right route to go and if it was the right decision to turn down a multi-year deal from the Ravens, but as of now, it's easy to see he's banking on a contender later in the season losing someone on offense and them getting desperate and bringing him in.

The Pats were receiver starved and didn’t look his direction. Cleveland has had lots of WR injuries and despite talking to him...haven’t made an offer.

As for what Dez tweets...what he wants...it doesn’t matter. Right now he’ll take who-ever will invite him to the high school dance. And right now...there isn’t anyone in line.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Dez is actually a great passer and would be an upgrade at QB. Since he is also a southpaw, perhaps our inept lefthanded QB "coach" could relate to him. Seriously, Dez can throw a great ball 60+ yards.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dez is actually a great passer and would be an upgrade at QB. Since he is also a southpaw, perhaps our inept lefthanded QB "coach" could relate to him. Seriously, Dez can throw a great ball 60+ yards.
Love it 1st original thing of read on here in a very long time.

Can Dal catch .He maybe the answer at TE

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Is it possible that the drops were just one bad year and not something that would continue? Would he be the first player to have a down year?

Regardless of what Dez is or is not at this point, the offense certainly could use the big chunk plays he provided and is "obviously" a huge component that is currently missing from this offense.

They're not going to do it as obviously they hold some type of grudge against him, but from the perspective of "winning football games", they are making an error, and making us all suffer.

No. Dez has always dropped the ball. The real issue, at least as far as I have seen, is that Dez doesn't have the explosion he once had. He was never a burner but he did have enough speed and quicks to at least create speration, in and out of breaks. He doesn't do that anymore so he is basically limited in what you can actually throw to him. He still has value but I don't think it's wise to kid ourselves about what you would get with Dez, if you decided to bring him back.

JMO

Pants

Reaction score
League minimum?
Reduced role (non starter)?
Keep your mouth shut and play?

Each of these questions is a “no” answer which mirrors mine as well