Twitter: Michael Irvin: Bring back Dez Bryant now!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
bringing dez back is not going to fix the dallas cowboys now its to late for all that until the qb play gets much better this is what they are and the coaching

I think that in the right Offensive scheme, Dez could help Dak a lot. I don't think Daz is useless. I think both he and Dez and the Coaching Staff need to come to terms with what is and what is not. Dak is not Brady and he never will be. We are not the Pats and I honestly don't think our Fan Base cares. We just want a good product on the field. The Offense we need to run is something that works for Dak. Stop already with the whole idea of extending his career. I mean, if you are really looking at it realistically, would you rather have 5 or 6 really good years from Dak or 12 years of Dak as a backup quality QB? I think any fan probably knows the answer there right?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
League minimum?
Reduced role (non starter)?
Keep your mouth shut and play?

Each of these questions is a “no” answer which mirrors mine as well

League minimum is like only 950K for a vet with as many years as Dez has in the NFL. I don't think League minimum is reasonable if you really want to make things work with Dez. Now, if you aren't interested in Dez, then that's fine, just say that and move on right? I think you gotta pay him more then that. I don't think it's reasonable to pay him what he would have made had he stayed with the team but I think it has to be more then minimum. Maybe more base with incentives might be fair.

I do think that Dez would be a starter immediately if we signed him thou. Even as the player he is right now, at this stage of his career, he is a better WR then we currently have on the roster IMO. That's just the simple truth to me. Wish it wasn't but I think it is.

Keep his mouth shut, I think that's solid. I mean, I think part of what is valuable in signing Dez is his ability to motivate but I also think that he needs to be a positive force on the team and not part of the problem. These guys who are tweeting about issues etc. are idiots. Maybe Dez comes in and helps solve that problem, IDK. That would really be a positive but it can't be the other way around. I agree with you there.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
No. Dez has always dropped the ball. The real issue, at least as far as I have seen, is that Dez doesn't have the explosion he once had. He was never a burner but he did have enough speed and quicks to at least create speration, in and out of breaks. He doesn't do that anymore so he is basically limited in what you can actually throw to him. He still has value but I don't think it's wise to kid ourselves about what you would get with Dez, if you decided to bring him back.

JMO

Dez has always dropped the ball? They paid a guy 70 million dollars that always drops the ball? I think you exaggerate just a tiny bit.

What you would get with Dez is a better receiver than any you currently have that helps you win ball games and gives you a better redzone shot than throwing jump balls to Beasly and Rico.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dez has always dropped the ball? They paid a guy 70 million dollars that always drops the ball? I think you exaggerate just a tiny bit.

What you would get with Dez is a better receiver than any you currently have that helps you win ball games and gives you a better redzone shot than throwing jump balls to Beaslty and Rico.

Yep, they sure did. No, I'm not. Dez has always had issues with drops. He catches the spectacular and drops the routine. He's always done that and it's not imagined. He's always had that knock on him.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Yep, they sure did. No, I'm not. Dez has always had issues with drops. He catches the spectacular and drops the routine. He's always done that and it's not imagined. He's always had that knock on him.

Okay well I only deal with facts.. Enjoy the three points btw

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Every team in the NFL has tape and have made an assessment on Dez. This is bigger than a fan forum. Your question has been answered by GMs, scouts and coaches across the entire NFL. Watch your Twitter mentions....Dez may be lurking
Every team in the NFL has tape and have made an assessment on Dez. This is bigger than a fan forum. Your question has been answered by GMs, scouts and coaches across the entire NFL. Watch your Twitter mentions....Dez may be lurking

I think we are just looking at the surface. Part of it is when Dez was released, the biggest problem with not being on another team is Dez doesn'twant to play for anyone but for the cowboys. How many very good receivers as well as Dbs say come play with us ...sex can still play football.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
...I don't entirely understand why you think 3 teams in the NFL wanting Dez is somehow a knock against him. He's pushing 30 an will want some decent money. The fact that 3 teams wanted him and one of them wanting to give him a long term contract is actually a positive at his age. Especially for someone who hasn't had a 1,000 yard season since 2014. The league still likes Dez, Dez is banking on a contender losing a key offensive player so he can step in.

I don't blame him. He's running out of time to get a ring and has enough money to sit by and wait for a good team to call.

Antonio Brown is 30. If the Steelers released him in March do you think he'd still be unemployed?

Only a few teams expressed an interest in Dez because he's no longer in the same class as guys like Brown. That he set fire to his former employer on the way out of the Star only reminded people that he's immature as well. So why would there be a big demand for his services? Oh, that's right, there isn't.

The League doesn't like Dez. If they did, he wouldn't still be tweeting from his couch almost halfway through the season. They know what he is in 2018 and aren't still fascinated by what he was five years ago, like some fans and Michael Irvin.