Michael Irvin on Bill O'Brien

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
Is that what Hopkins did? Left his kids to fend for themselves?

heck if i know, most likely not. I think thats whats being implied by others is that having multiple kids out of wedlock essentially means you are irresponsible and aren't able to effectively care for them

GINeric

Reaction score
Bill O'Brian and the MANY people with his mindset are the cancer of our society. Sad part about it is, they dwell in very high places. Steven A. Smith commented on this very topic and brought up the fact that Tom Brady has multiple baby mamas as well.... for some strange reason I highly doubt good ol' Bill wouldn't have made an issue about Brady's personal business. I think we all know why good ol' boy Bill acted this way.

GINeric

Reaction score
Bill O'Brian and the MANY cowards with his mindset are the cancer of our society. Sad part about it is, they dwell in very high places. Steven A. Smith commented on this very topic and brought up the fact that Tom Brady has multiple baby mamas as well.... for some strange reason I highly doubt good ol' Bill would've an issue about Brady's personal business. I think we all know why good ol' boy Bill acted this way.

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Bill O'Brian and the MANY people with his mindset are the cancer of our society. Sad part about it is, they dwell in very high places. Steven A. Smith commented on this very topic and brought up the fact that Tom Brady has multiple baby mamas as well.... for some strange reason I highly doubt good ol' Bill wouldn't have made an issue about Brady's personal business. I think we all know why good ol' boy Bill acted this way.
Preach. We know exactly what place this type of thinking comes from. Anyone with a brain can see right through it

ESisback

Reaction score
heck if i know, most likely not. I think thats whats being implied by others is that having multiple kids out of wedlock essentially means you are irresponsible and aren't able to effectively care for them

I’m fairly confident that having multiple kids out of wedlock leans more irresponsible percentage-wise, and effective care IS more difficult, BUT...

1)Having money allows for making the situation better, and
2)We shouldn’t condemn or judge based on speculation.

Sadly, dumpster fire drama is comfort food for the masses, and the media conducts itself in ways that best maximize the rating$.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Bill O'Brian and the MANY cowards with his mindset are the cancer of our society. Sad part about it is, they dwell in very high places. Steven A. Smith commented on this very topic and brought up the fact that Tom Brady has multiple baby mamas as well.... for some strange reason I highly doubt good ol' Bill would've an issue about Brady's personal business. I think we all know why good ol' boy Bill acted this way.

On the other hand we know that a lot of societies ills are the result of broken families and no father in the home.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
Maybe I'm misinterpreting it, but it seems the issue was Hopkins bringing the mothers of his children to/around the facility -- not so much O'Brien passing a value judgement on Hopkins for having kids with multiple women.

If that's the case, I see no issue with the employer (i.e. O'Brien) telling the employee (i.e. Hopkins) that he shouldn't bring his girlfriends, wife, or whomever to the facility. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

erod

Reaction score
Preach. We know exactly what place this type of thinking comes from. Anyone with a brain can see right through it

Looks like it came from the brain of Michael Irvin. Hopkins put the kabosh on this.

We should always consider the source when it comes to Irvin.

ESisback

Reaction score

1)This is being overblown for rating$ drama, and to further divide us. Hopkins tweeted about it already, and I believe him.
2)The perception many PROBABLY are seeing/hearing/envisioning is this: Multiple baby mamas showing up too
frequently at the workplace screaming and making a scene, as opposed to the other guy with a similar situation, but keeping quiet about it.

UpNorth

Reaction score
people need to consider it is Irvins interpretation and telling of Hopkins claim, which in itself is his interpretation and telling of what OBrien said
As much as we all love Irvin for his contributions to those SB teams, he's clearly a buffoon and not some one i would trust to report anything

He's essentially an outlandish clown who has funny rants because he's clueless

DFWJC

Reaction score
No don't think so. He has his wife and that actor chick that I remember from irobot
That's it.
One before he met his wife, the others with his wife.

I have no idea what Hopkins has, nor do I care. As long as it doesn't infect the locker room in any way (don't know if it did or not) and he practices and plays his best, that's his business.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I am no expert but multiple baby mamas usually means multiple problems for the father.
Been my experience that women are of the jealous temperment. Could be wrong though. Maybe they have changed over the past few decades.
Probably not a good idea to ask the wife what she thinks of this. :)