Michael Irvin on Bill O'Brien

nobody

Reaction score
As long as the kids are provided for and loved, who the heck cares? Move on. It isn't anyone's business.

As far as what the guy said and the context in which it was said? We don't know all of the details. If the player that it was said to isn't making a huge deal about it (and he said it was being blown out of proportion)...who cares!? He's the offended party and isn't crying for justice. Move on.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
That Hopkins tweet is 1000% agent-speak. No one actually talks like that.

Michael Irvin sometimes speaks with more enthusiasm than facts, but I think he is on to something here. Something clearly went wrong between Nuk and O'Brien, and gaving your coach your behavior to Aaron Hernandez is kind of thing that would poison their relationship to that level.

Last edited:

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I have seen it in the wild. You would be surprised.
Well I don't look at outliers and say that's the norm. The vast majority of people aren't saying a person you're married to is your baby momma in a serious tones never heard that ever.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Well I don't look at outliers and say that's the norm. The vast majority of people aren't saying a person you're married to is your baby momma in a serious tones never heard that ever.
I guess so, one of my younger brothers friends at my nephews birthday party introduced me to his wife and his ex as his baby mamas plural. And I could not get out of that conversation soon enough. I just assumed there's other idiots out there like that.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I watched Hopkins a lot this year and always compared him as the clutch player we should have . This guy could catch anything top WR in the league IMO .

If we had this guy we would not have led the league in drops would have beat the Eagles and made the playoffs and maybe gone farther . I like Cooper but they are not in the same class . would have traded Cooper , Pollard and a draft pick for a game changer like him

He is that good and to my knowledge he has never been in any trouble what so ever.

O'Brien will be sorry he couldnt figure out a way to make this situation work . He weakened his team and will pay for it this season

MarcusRock

Reaction score
By the way, my “agenda” was simply pointing out the ridiculous criticism of O’Brien by utilizing over the top sarcasm.

And the revisions just keep on comin'. Thou dost protest too much.

No need to tell me what I observed. You showed up with an anti- position, not to discuss details which you then tried to claim later to play innocent. What do you call entering a discussion with a preconceived position while also NOT asking about details? Perhaps your feigned objectivity act works for you elsewhere so you think it will here. Yeah. Not.

ESisback

Reaction score

No need to tell me what I observed. You showed up with an anti- position, not to discuss details which you then tried to claim later to play innocent. What do you call entering a discussion with a preconceived position while also NOT asking about details? Perhaps your feigned objectivity act works for you elsewhere so you think it will here. Yeah. Not.

Not for you, but who cares besides you? Careful, your own agenda is showing.

ESisback

Reaction score

Inspirational!

ESisback

Reaction score
As long as the kids are provided for and loved, who the heck cares? Move on. It isn't anyone's business.

As far as what the guy said and the context in which it was said? We don't know all of the details. If the player that it was said to isn't making a huge deal about it (and he said it was being blown out of proportion)...who cares!? He's the offended party and isn't crying for justice. Move on.

Nailed it DM! The point I was making to another poster was the fact that some are making this more than it is to support division among the masses. Of course, the aforementioned poster seems to live to denounce my opinions, which is actually kinda funny in a “who cares” kinda way.

I hope O’Brien doesn’t needlessly suffer for having an opinion, or Hopkins for living his life, but we all know how the media works these days!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Nailed it DM! The point I was making to another poster was the fact that some are making this more than it is to support division among the masses. Of course, the aforementioned poster seems to live to denounce my opinions, which is actually kinda funny in a “who cares” kinda way.

I hope O’Brien doesn’t needlessly suffer for having an opinion, or Hopkins for living his life, but we all know how the media works these days!

Dude, when you're double replying to my posts and then side chattering about me to others saying you don't care, you care. And again with the revisionist history. Going back to the old Cowboys boards, you'd post about me in threads I hadn't even appeared in to that point. You're my original fan boi, lol. Your issue with me is I've challenged your CONSPIRACY! opinions in the past and you have no good responses just like here. So yeah, I get how I appear on your radar a whole lot and I also get how you can't quit me when I call you out on stuff. I have other, more entertaining fan bois now but I'll always remember my first. Lol.

ESisback

Reaction score
Dude, when you're double replying to my posts and then side chattering about me to others saying you don't care, you care. And again with the revisionist history. Going back to the old Cowboys boards, you'd post about me in threads I hadn't even appeared in to that point. You're my original fan boi, lol. Your issue with me is I've challenged your CONSPIRACY! opinions in the past and you have no good responses just like here. So yeah, I get how I appear on your radar a whole lot and I also get how you can't quit me when I call you out on stuff. I have other, more entertaining fan bois now but I'll always remember my first. Lol.

An important clarification, I care about MY opinion, as well as my friends and family, not yours. Fan boi? Call me out? You’re funny dude! Your biggest need appears to be “winning the debate” and having the last word—the noble purveyor of truth and justice! Go ahead, prove me right. Have the last word. I don’t need it like you do.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Aw heck some people like to needlessly suffer and not just for having an opinion . I predict O'Brien is in a pub somewhere on St Patricks day next year drinking himself simple over getting fired for destroying his locker room and ruining his team .

All because he was to stubborn to get past some stigma he has against a great WR ,class guy and locker room leader . Have to laugh at fools who take a stance and just have to follow it through to the bitter end even if its wrong . Rock on O'Brien in your Quest to be unemployed

MarcusRock

Reaction score
An important clarification, I care about MY opinion, as well as my friends and family, not yours. Fan boi? Call me out? You’re funny dude! Your biggest need appears to be “winning the debate” and having the last word—the noble purveyor of truth and justice! Go ahead, prove me right. Have the last word. I don’t need it like you do.

Still not caring, are we? I've seen Care Bears who care less. Lol.

GINeric

Reaction score
What would you call it if you were the manager of a big, public business, and one of your employees had multiple children with multiple women, each of which were bringing outside noise and distraction to your business? Wouldn’t you mention it to your employee? If he had a natural persecution complex and had ANY kind of negative reaction, wouldn’t the media be all over that? Drama! Ratings!

I definitely understand your point.... but at what BOB said was WAYYYY out of line. What did any of Hopkins baby mamas do to constitute Hopkins himself to be compared to A. Hernandez, a cold blooded killer and public menace???? PLEASE explain to me how having noisy baby mamas can get your name in the same sentence of a murderer?????

BOB had every right to address Hopkins on the matter of his personal business spilling over to the place of business.... but to bring up Hernandez though????

I wonder did BOB lobby to get Brady traded when he was caught cheating. Do you think BOB suggested at the Patriots team meetings that they should move on from a cheating head coach and Brady??? I highly doubt it.

Not saying Hopkins situation is ok. But what is more detrimental to your workplace which is Football.... loud baby mamas or actually cheating AT your workplace????

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Any truth to the rumor that Hopkins and Watson didn’t get along? I heard that Hopkins thought that the Texans would not get any further with him at QB and wanted BOB to make a choice.....a him or me situation. I was also told that Hopkins started a petition in the locker room about it. I have a friend that works in the organization and he mentioned this. Who knows......

ESisback

Reaction score
I definitely understand your point.... but at what BOB said was WAYYYY out of line. What did any of Hopkins baby mamas do to constitute Hopkins himself to be compared to A. Hernandez, a cold blooded killer and public menace???? PLEASE explain to me how having noisy baby mamas can get your name in the same sentence of a murderer?????

BOB had every right to address Hopkins on the matter of his personal business spilling over to the place of business.... but to bring up Hernandez though????

I wonder did BOB lobby to get Brady traded when he was caught cheating. Do you think BOB suggested at the Patriots team meetings that they should move on from a cheating head coach and Brady??? I highly doubt it.

Not saying Hopkins situation is ok. But what is more detrimental to your workplace which is Football.... loud baby mamas or actually cheating AT your workplace????
Some good points.