Michael Lombardi nugget on Hill

Swagger

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people have and still are criticising the draft.

Realistically who did you expect in the second round at #50+?

With the exception of Taco Bust we have generally drafted exceptionally well lately, especially in rounds 1-2.

Chill your jets and relax!

Reactions: CWR

blueblood70

Reaction score
It can happen. College isn't for everyone and money is a powerful motivator. Hill could put all of the drama behind him and come in learn how to handle some adversity, buy into the Cowboys game plan for him.

I'd be thrilled if Hill is the player the Cowboys think he is, and would love it even more if it at all helps the Cowboys move on from Tyrone Crawford's contract.

:hammer:exactly Hiss issues could be the new coaching staff expecting him to paly out of his normal position, lowering his stats and playing time could effect his draft status an possible its the issue he took..he for sure has the Body and movement for the NFL and Being paid to now do your job and paid well is all the motivation he needs to play wherever they want him too..sayin he has character issues is a bit of stretch when it was simply him not buying into postion move, not breaking rules, getting suspended, being a total DB like DI..Im betting this isnt an issue here..the videos I saw is guy with a full out motor and a first step thats pro caliber and body to take the punishment..saying its reach is also ridiculous.. not saying hes first round talent but nearly at the very bottom of the 2nd round, he is worth that shot..the truth will unfold in the coming years..

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I don't understand why so many people have and still are criticising the draft.

Realistically who did you expect in the second round at #50+?

With the exception of Taco Bust we have generally drafted exceptionally well lately, especially in rounds 1-2.

Chill your jets and relax!
we've actually been historically terrible drafting in round 2

tyke1doe

Reaction score
—And the steal of the entire draft might have a selection by the Dallas Cowboys, who nabbed Central Florida defensive tackle Trysten Hill late in the second round. Hill can control the line of scrimmage, play with quickness and power, and has the talent to become a Pro Bowl player. If Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli gets Hill to play with a consistent effort, he will impact their defense in the years to come.

What does Mike Lombardi know? He's only been on the coaching staff or an executive with the New England Patriots, the Cleveland Browns, the San Francisco 49ers, the Philadelphi Eagles and the Oakland Raiders. My dog knows more than he does, and I don't even have a dog. :muttley:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Truth be told, there are many players like Hill.
Lawrence Taylor was the same way. Talked back to coaches. Did what he wanted to do.
Smoked dope. Sniffed cocaine.
But he was a terror on the field, and he had a coach who knew how to handle him.
Randy Moss was the same way - minus the drugs.
He was considered hard to work with, lazy in practice, etc. But his skill set was undeniable.
So was Keyshawn Johnson and Warren Sapp, Bill Romanowski, etc.

A lot of players have huge knocks against them. In fact, I've heard it said you have to be a little crazy to play in the NFL.
A good coach knows how to manage those type players. Should they have to? Do you want to win Super Bowls with a few renegades or lose games with a bunch of choir boys?
No sense in mourning over this generation. We're the ones who have to adapt, not them.
Learn to coach them and get the most out of them or watch someone else do it. Shrug.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
:hammer:exactly Hiss issues could be the new coaching staff expecting him to paly out of his normal position, lowering his stats and playing time could effect his draft status an possible its the issue he took..he for sure has the Body and movement for the NFL and Being paid to now do your job and paid well is all the motivation he needs to play wherever they want him too..sayin he has character issues is a bit of stretch when it was simply him not buying into postion move, not breaking rules, getting suspended, being a total DB like DI..Im betting this isnt an issue here..the videos I saw is guy with a full out motor and a first step thats pro caliber and body to take the punishment..saying its reach is also ridiculous.. not saying hes first round talent but nearly at the very bottom of the 2nd round, he is worth that shot..the truth will unfold in the coming years..

And David Irving didn't want to play because he wanted to smoke pot. He had no motivation to play the game. That doesn't appear to be the case with Hill.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
—And the steal of the entire draft might have a selection by the Dallas Cowboys, who nabbed Central Florida defensive tackle Trysten Hill late in the second round. Hill can control the line of scrimmage, play with quickness and power, and has the talent to become a Pro Bowl player. If Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli gets Hill to play with a consistent effort, he will impact their defense in the years to come.

I think it's a hung jury on this cat

Sydla

Reaction score
What does Mike Lombardi know? He's only been on the coaching staff or an executive with the New England Patriots, the Cleveland Browns, the San Francisco 49ers, the Philadelphi Eagles and the Oakland Raiders. My dog knows more than he does, and I don't even have a dog. :muttley:

Lombardi is also known to have made some really bad calls.

For example, he was the guy who got egg all over his face when he blasted the Eagles and claimed in 2017 that Doug Pederson was the least qualified head coach he had ever seen in his 30 years in football............ and then Pederson went on to lead the Eagles to their first SB 8 months later.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Lombardi is also known to have made some really bad calls.

For example, he was the guy who got egg all over his face when he blasted the Eagles and claimed in 2017 that Doug Pederson was the least qualified head coach he had ever seen in his 30 years in football............ and then Pederson went on to lead the Eagles to their first SB 8 months later.
That makes sense because it was Frank Reich that got them there.

jk... sort of

bsbellomy

Reaction score
No one can argue the upside of this kid. My concern with him is that it appears that he is a headcase. The history of the Cowboys and players like this is pretty grim. I have no stats to back it up, but I am willing to bet that over the history of the league, players having issues similar to Hill have not fared well either.

I hope I am totally wrong, but I don't think he'll play out his rookie contract as a Cowboy.

Yeah but he signed a contract to act right, so he's got no choice lol

CWR

Reaction score
hows 2nd round picks the last 10 years?

Why linger on the past 10 years and players which are long gone and typically out of the league regardless of talent level?

The last five years (or so) and our CURRENT roster has brought us a lot of improvement with talent acquisition.

Verdict

Reaction score
My question is can he play? If he can’t play and play really well the rest of the other factors don’t matter at all.

If he can play, then the rest of the stuff starts to factor in there.

Verdict

Reaction score
I hope LVE has 200 tackles and makes All-Pro, But please stop the wolf howl thing,

I’m not usually into stuff like that but I like the wolf howl but maybe it’s because I am part werewolf. Lol. IDK.