Michael Lombardi nugget on Hill

Verdict

Reaction score
If he gets his head straight he’s a steal
But so was Irving
It’s all about how much he wants to be great

Irving cost zero draft capital. We just held on to him one year too long.

Verdict

Reaction score
If we had tendered Irving he may have netted us a 3rd or 4th comp pick before everyone figured out he was an idiot. Lol.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Lombardi is also known to have made some really bad calls.

For example, he was the guy who got egg all over his face when he blasted the Eagles and claimed in 2017 that Doug Pederson was the least qualified head coach he had ever seen in his 30 years in football............ and then Pederson went on to lead the Eagles to their first SB 8 months later.
I have yet to see the prognosticator who has 100 percent accuracy.
Be that as it may, it's all a guess.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Why linger on the past 10 years and players which are long gone and typically out of the league regardless of talent level?

The last five years (or so) and our CURRENT roster has brought us a lot of improvement with talent acquisition.
5 years isn't long enough to show the real %

Proof

Reaction score
Hill reminds me of Dez Bryant, and that's not a good thing. I wouldn't call Dez lazy, as he would play with just totally reckless abandon when the ball was going this way. No one wanted that first down more than Dez. But he'd mentally check out if he wasn't getting thrown at, or would lose his cool when CBs started jamming and getting up in his face, or blow up on his coaches on the sideline when things weren't going his way. And then he never developed technically past his rookie year, so I don't think he was exactly giving it 100% in practice.

When I see Hill consistently sprinting 30 yards downfield on film, even when he has no chance of making the play, then hear about how he's getting benched because he loafs in practice, it just reminds me so much of Dez. It's that same sort of selective effort, probably brought on more by immaturity than apathy. Ronnie Coleman famously said that "everyone wants to be a bodybuilder, but no one wants to lift no heavy-*** weights!". Same kind of thing here. If you want to be a star football player, you need to put in the reps in practice or you'll become a has-been real quickly.

The problem is that this is a 22 year old who now has millions of dollars after his signing bonus plus a world of enablers. I don't know anything about Hill specifically, but my odds for any immature young man to grow up in that kind of situation are slim.

I’m admittedly a dez apologist, so I’m fully aware of my bias but this really sounds like such bs. I’ve never heard of Dez not giving it his all In practice. The guy was a straight up warrior with that sort of mentality. What I have heard was that he’d be late to meetings and things of that nature, which is problematic and diva mentality, but on the field the guy put it on the line. It wasn’t until the team played games with him via the franchise tag or later pressuring him to accept a pay cut after he’d been one of the most prolific wideouts in a storied franchises history that we started getting all these nuggets of behind the scenes “turmoil”.

It also coincided with the rise of a qb with some pretty large deficiencies that there’s a vested interest in protecting. But hey, history is written by the winners

conner01

Reaction score
Irving cost zero draft capital. We just held on to him one year too long.
Irving was worth the risk for sure
That kid is as talented as most of the super stars around the league
It’s such a waste of talent