Michigan gets blown out by Georgia in NCAAF semifinals

cowboyec

Reaction score
michigan still had a helluva year.
not many teams can compete with those dawgs.

timb2

Reaction score
SEC Dominance. Bigger stronger faster players.

terra

Reaction score
SEC Dominance. Bigger stronger faster players.
And yet you look in the pros and the data does not match. What you have in the SEC is Alabama and others trying to match
Take away alabama and the SEC dominance is NOT.

Its all Bama.

timb2

Reaction score
I ****ing hate the SEC. Hate Saban the worst.
That's OK I hate Ohio State and the Northeast sports media fawning all over them all the time. SEC kicks the Big 10 a** in these bowls games the majority of the time. It's because bigger, faster,stronger players. BIG 10 you have good tacklers but the speed is what gets you.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
That's OK I hate Ohio State and the Northeast sports media fawning all over them all the time. SEC kicks the Big 10 a** in these bowls games the majority of the time. It's because bigger, faster,stronger players. BIG 10 you have good tacklers but the speed is what gets you.
SEC cheats to get the biggest strongest fastest talent. Lots of money being thrown down there. I mean it sucks to have to live in some of the worst, muggiest, most impoverished states in the USA, but if they are getting paid the big bucks to play and move there instead of stay in the Big 10 where the climate and people are nicer... then I guess they have to take that merc job.

Iago33

Reaction score
SEC cheats to get the biggest strongest fastest talent. Lots of money being thrown down there. I mean it sucks to have to live in some of the worst, muggiest, most impoverished states in the USA, but if they are getting paid the big bucks to play and move there instead of stay in the Big 10 where the climate and people are nicer... then I guess they have to take that merc job.
The people are nicer in Big10 country and the programs are clean? Sure. Whatever.

timb2

Reaction score
Tattoogate

DFWJC

Reaction score
And yet you look in the pros and the data does not match. What you have in the SEC is Alabama and others trying to match
Take away alabama and the SEC dominance is NOT.

Its all Bama.
not even close....

Just in the last 15 years......
Remove Alabama and the SEC still BY FAR has the most teams with National Tiles or Runner-up (usually to Bama)

NON Alabama National Champs or Runner-up

2021--Georgia (National Champs or runner-up)
2019--LSU National Champs
2017--Georgia Runner-up
2013--Auburn Runner-up
2011--LSU Runner-up
2010--Auburn National Champs
2008--Florida National Champs
2007--LSU National Champs
2006--Florida National Champs

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
The people are nicer in Big10 country and the programs are clean? Sure. Whatever.
yes. People from WI/MI/IN/OH (not IL) are notorious for being nice, letting you pass on the freeway, letting you on to a busy road from a parking lot, letting you pass lanes if you need to turn for an exit, etc. Midwesterners are about always looking out for their neighbor. In the south (and Illinois too) it's a very competitive me-first dog-eat-dog culture, from my long term experience.

SacredStar

Reaction score
yes. People from WI/MI/IN/OH (not IL) are notorious for being nice, letting you pass on the freeway, letting you on to a busy road from a parking lot, letting you pass lanes if you need to turn for an exit, etc. Midwesterners are about always looking out for their neighbor. In the south (and Illinois too) it's a very competitive me-first dog-eat-dog culture, from my long term experience.
I'm glad you put not Illinois in there, because it's true. They're known for sitting in the passing lane and refusing to move over. When you try to pass them in the slow lane, they speed up and block you in. Living in Wisconsin for most of my life, everyone complained about the FIBS driving.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
I'm glad you put not Illinois in there, because it's true. They're known for sitting in the passing lane and refusing to move over. When you try to pass them in the slow lane, they speed up and block you in. Living in Wisconsin for most of my life, everyone complained about the FIBS driving.
:laugh:All of this is true. Illinois has some neat things (Rosemont, Great America, some places in downstate are nice) but Illinois drivers are just about as douchey as Texas or California drivers if not worse. For the most part, Illinois sticks out like a sore thumb as the bung hole place of the Midwest, in many ways.

They expect you to go 10-15 or more over the speed limit and left lane for passing only apparently isn't a thing either. They will honk if you're in the left lane going "only" 5 MPH over the speed limit to pass the slow truck in the right lane. Tailgating is a problem. And Illinoisans have zero respect for traffic laws in other states, even adjacent ones. You drive up the I-94 into Wisconsin and some guy's going 86 on a 70 when everyone else is doing a reasonable 73... and sure enough the speeder has an IL license plate. Same goes for Indiana and Michigan. My goodness... the stretch under Lake Michigan through I-80 and I-94 going back and forth between Chicagoland and Michigan... that stretch of highway has to be the most chaotic piece of road in the world. You have guys like me actually trying to drive sensible going 74 in one of the middle lanes. You have trucks going 62 in the right lanes and sports cars with Illinois license plates passing them changing 4 lanes at a time doing 90+. If you're not going over 90 in the far left two lanes you're going to get honked at and flipped off and possibly shot... by someone in an Illinois license plate car. It's a free for all. Even though most of that stretch is actually Indiana, nothing is actually enforced in that corridor. I always dread it.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thats just ignorant. Go look at the ESPN top 300 HS players every year. Count how many are in the Southeast and Texas. Then go count how many are in the rest of the country. Go ahead and things will start making more sense to you.