Mickey article about kickers and Maher

pupulehaole

Reaction score
That was a worthless fluff piece if you ask me.

Not once does he discuss the fact that he was unreliable at the end of the year, just made excuses because he was tired and hey, we could be the Bears ya know?
I mean its Mickey.... what did you expect?

blueblood70

Reaction score
with the nfl trying to limit or get rid of the kicking game and our weak coach who like to play it safe lining up FGs I rather have Maher then kicker like Baily in his prime because now the offensive play calls have to consider going for it more then trying kicks.. Maher was ok and there arent a lot out there better, sure get some young guys in camp and see how it goes but like all other players their is room to improve and simply getting rid of Maher after his first season is bit kneejerk..

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Dan Bailey and Chris Jones were both signed in July of 2011 - just before training camp. Bailey ended up beating out both both 2009 5th round pick David Buehler, and Kai Forbath, who has played 8 years in the NFL. Chris Jones was initially beaten out by Mat McBriar, but had claimed the starting job by the end of the 2011 season, after McBriar got injured. He's held the job ever since.

I expect the Cowboys will bring another kicker in before training camp starts. But there was no good reason to bring another kicker in during the Spring.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
I am going to admit it, the factoid about the Bears cutting a kicker named Blewit is just too funny.
H9PZS8b.gif