News: Mickey: navigating through the great unknown

Loso86

Reaction score
He’s been at this a long time Spagnola . The problem I have with the off-season is losing three WR. It went from a relative strength to an unknown . Seems like along with Washington the FA pick up a receiver in the draft now has to occur .
And sadly we NEED to address LG probably the only position we need before WR

RonWashington

Reaction score
I do think receiver can be addressed after at least one OL and a DL have been taken . Maybe round 3-4 but I’m not comfortable counting on what’s currently on the roster in targets for # 4. Isn’t this a relatively deep WR draft ?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-navigating-through-the-great-unknown

Mickey's latest. Ready to be torn down as usual. :laugh:
Actually the naysayers will like this article, as he doesn't sound like a homer in it.

After reading it, it paints how this has not been such a good off-season. IMO anyway rather if that was his intentions or not.
Because they really lost more than they gained on paper. I think "hoping" other players step up from what he wrote.

Mickey uses the word Ambiguity about this roster and the moves made. I take it as he really wants to say, it has not been so good.

This was the 1st time I read any of his articles for a good month or more.
I don't read Micky anymore.
As the cheif dispenser of Kool aid, I found his company line articles uninteresting.

nobody

Reaction score
I do think receiver can be addressed after at least one OL and a DL have been taken . Maybe round 3-4 but I’m not comfortable counting on what’s currently on the roster in targets for # 4. Isn’t this a relatively deep WR draft ?

There are way too many positions of need to even consider WR at this point. The O-line needs serious help. The D-line needs some help, now just in case CB should be considered, as well as several other positions. WR sadly is probably the position to be ignored this draft unless something wild happens.

RonWashington

Reaction score
There are way too many positions of need to even consider WR at this point. The O-line needs serious help. The D-line needs some help, now just in case CB should be considered, as well as several other positions. WR sadly is probably the position to be ignored this draft unless something wild happens.

Gallup probably not starting the season . So you have CD as # 1 then Washington and Brown , Fehoko . That’s paper thin. 140 $$ tied up in 4 man has to have targets . Hopefully a Green is available round one as a plug in guard and in a perfect world an edge round 2 then see what receivers you still like that are in the mix round 3 . I don’t think Watson is still available at round 3 pick what 88

Last edited:

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
On paper, there is no way that we have improved. We are definitely counting on young players improving over an offseason, and some vets catching a second wind.

This seems to be the plan. This year going with players who are considered premium talents or have shown in the past premium performance is not the direction we are going. Young players are going to have to step up and have their talent blossom into game results. We haven't bought NFL proven talent this year from the outside. So this comes down to the concept of have we tended the garden well enough over the past two years to reap the harvest from our draft seeding of the past two to three years?

Off hand, I don't know that a combo of Armstrong & Fowler won't be just as productive as what we had last year.

Yeah, this will be a wildcard. Does the entire d-line we have signed be able to pressure the pocket and protect against the run better. Official words coming out of Cowboys HQ is they feel the defence can be better than last year. They must feel the garden is about to burst into a great harvest of defensive talent.

I definitely think the WR production won't be as good. I do think we can come away with a starter at LG that will at least be as good as what we had last year for less money.

The bar for LG performance was low based on 2021 results. It shouldn't be hard for Dallas to put someone in the spot, and say the performance was push. It would be great to have even a slight improvement if possible.

I do think Steele can build on last year's effort at RT, where he was at least as good as Collins was for 20% of the cost.

If Steele is not injured and plays all 16 games at the level he did last year I would say let's be happy with that. Our problem this year might not be Steele. I am much more concerned about Tyron.

I really think that upgrading the OL and DL is the surest, best way to give this team a chance to match or exceed last year's result.

I agree with this thought. If the offence is going to have any chance to be successful we have to keep Prescott clean in the pocket for a high percentage of the plays. I would not categorize Dak's game as one where he creates opportunities with his legs on a regular basis.

He is by and large turning into a pocket passer first and foremost. We need to get him a clean pocket as he isn't on the level of Brady or Rodgers in creating space for himself on a consistent basis.

On the defence I do not see an all-world backfield or LB core. So being proactive, and having strong performances from the d-line in pass and run plays is going to make a difference for us.

Last, I would say there is something this team needs to acquire real fast. TOUGHNESS and INTELLIGENCE. We all saw sideline videos of smiles and comraderie when they were steam rolling teams early last year. We need to see a team who can not only win when all the chips are falling in the right place, but can dig from behind and overcome any obstacle.

A team that plays and operates in a fashion that gives them a chance to win week after week on a consistent basis against not only inferior teams, but superior talented teams. If we are going to go short on proven NFL grade talent, then we need this young team to develop toughness and intelligence (discipline) to be NFL competitive this season.

offlimits

Reaction score
Mick's a shill for Dallas Cowboys, Inc. and why not? They're paying his salary.

RonWashington

Reaction score

Cowboys drafted I believe three CB’s in 2021 . Can any be counted on to contribute in 2022 ? Besides ST ?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Mickey is as useful as a pair of soiled underwear. He offers zero insight and is a loser shill for Jerry. It must be a miserable existence to have to table your values and opinion to serve a paymaster.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Mickey is as useful as a pair of soiled underwear. He offers zero insight and is a loser shill for Jerry. It must be a miserable existence to have to table your values and opinion to serve a paymaster.

They all get fat & happy at the buffet table at the Star . 30 years without playoff success but Jerry is running the 700 club

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Jerry used to use ...serendipity... back in the 90's. I was surprised he pronounced that correctly. But then again his brain wasn't quite pickled at that time. :muttley:
According to Jerrah, he has a brain of a 40 year old...LMAO.

You can't make this crap up!

nobody

Reaction score
Gallup probably not starting the season . So you have CD as # 1 then Washington and Brown , Fehoko . That’s paper thin. 140 $$ tied up in 4 man has to have targets . Hopefully a Green is available round one as a plug in guard and in a perfect world an edge round 2 then see what receivers you still like that are in the mix round 3 . I don’t think Watson is still available at round 3 pick what 88

Yeah, it sucks...but how is Dak going to throw it to a WR if the O-line can't protect him long enough? The Front Office really screwed things up the past couple of years. Now hard choices must be made.

nobody

Reaction score
Cowboys drafted I believe three CB’s in 2021 . Can any be counted on to contribute in 2022 ? Besides ST ?

One of those drafted CB's was an idiot and might get himself suspended for who knows how long. That means there's a problem. There are so many holes and only so many draft spots. Such a fantastic front office. lol

rambo2

Reaction score
how about the media start going after the two dude who create the entire mess

none of this had to be they chose to do all these stupid moves and non moves
Since when is 12 and 5 a mess? So far the so called stupid moves have them as the favorite to win the division.

rambo2

Reaction score
One of those drafted CB's was an idiot and might get himself suspended for who knows how long. That means there's a problem. There are so many holes and only so many draft spots. Such a fantastic front office. lol
Over and under is at 10.5 wins. Is that a problem?