Mickey's latest article about premature assumptions

pansophy

Reaction score
If you need rookies to start then your team isn't that good to begin with. Quinn is a starter that we added as will Cobb as the slot receiver. Witten is back plus Iloka has a chance to start.
Hope so. But obviously a lot of people are concerned that we haven't actually gotten better this offseason and that is why so many people are trying to figure out where our draft picks start -- and hence Spags article.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I think Mickey definitely lurks on here. I wonder who it could be hmmmmmmm.....
He thinks the fans are dumb and always backs jerry, hence why no1 likes him lol

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

kskboys

Reaction score
It wasn't a real good article, but not horrible either. Didn't really say much.
The only thing that stood out to me me, and I agree. As I made similar comments, about the 2 DE's drafted, as fans already have them making the team and having an impact.
I say PS at best unless injuries. However, the staff for some dumb reason likes to keep all these 5th round DE's for a few years. Only to replace them with another 5th round DE end pick.

I hope they work out, because they are our draft picks. But right now until I see them in TC, just PS material.
Joe Jackson may start. He was on a completely craptastic D, so he wasn't noticed. He could be a gem.

Jelks's upside is prolly as a rotational pass rusher. Doesn't appear to be likely to hold up as a starter.

kskboys

Reaction score
I agree with Mickey for the most part.I like Pollard but he really wont see a lot of snaps apart from ST,not sure you spend a 4th rd pick on him.
Pollard is our new slot WR in training.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually like Spags articles. He's sarcastic... like me

I have always liked his articles. Even way back in the early to mid 80's when he worked for the DMN. And the Sporting news magazine that would come out in June / July covering all the teams. As a local reporter would do the season preview. He would write the one for Dallas. And he kept it objective.

Also when he wrote for the Dallas Cowboys Weekly, now The star. I guess he still writes for them too.

He is usually spot on, but gets so much hate on here. A guy that writes and looks at the good stuff for the team we all love. But many don't like the positive parts and call him a homer.
But I guess they rather have read the hate that Gallowaste spewed out.

I will get blasted for this, but so be it. I only speak the truth.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Hope so. But obviously a lot of people are concerned that we haven't actually gotten better this offseason and that is why so many people are trying to figure out where our draft picks start -- and hence Spags article.
I listed a few reasons why we would be better just based on starters that were added. This is a young team as well and will improve just based on developing. Getting Frederick back upgrades the OL, Witten upgrades the TE spot, full off-season with Cooper and addition of Cobb upgrades receiver, Pollard and Weber upgrade the running back spot, Quinn, Covington, Hyder and Hill upgrade the DL spot, Iloka potentially helps the safety spot.

QB, LB and CB weren't really upgraded although the addition of Michael Jackson will help in depth at corner.

I don't see how anybody says we haven't gotten better. Firing Linehan i think we help this team as well.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I have always liked his articles. Even way back in the early to mid 80's when he worked for the DMN. And the Sporting news magazine that would come out in June / July covering all the teams. As a local reporter would do the season preview. He would write the one for Dallas. And he kept it objective.

Also when he wrote for the Dallas Cowboys Weekly, now The star. I guess he still writes for them too.

He is usually spot on, but gets so much hate on here. A guy that writes and looks at the good stuff for the team we all love. But many don't like the positive parts and call him a homer.
But I guess they rather have read the hate that Gallowaste spewed out.

I will get blasted for this, but so be it. I only speak the truth.

we all have our truths jazzy :)

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

People need a dose of reality @ concerned

408Cowboy

Reaction score
What is the purpose of that article? All 32 team's fanbases play the same game after the draft, this guy's in, that guy's out with all kinds of assumptions and just what is a premature assumption, aren't all assumptions premature?
It's the very nature of assumptions to be premature. This is the mouthpiece trying to convince himself he's smarter than the people that read his articles. Considering they read them he just may be.

cern

Reaction score
I think Mickey definitely lurks on here. I wonder who it could be hmmmmmmm.....
He thinks the fans are dumb and always backs jerry, hence why no1 likes him lol
He clearly does. His phraseology has changed over the last few years to copy various posters. Original he is not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dude is so far removed from being an objective reporter it isn't even funny. His opinions are worthless.

erod

Reaction score

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never ask a groupie their opinion of the travelling band.

Whatever dude, no comment was needed. from you, this offers nothing. It is a football forum.
Don't start with useless garbage posts.

I am not a groupie, so just stop.

erod

Reaction score
Whatever dude, no comment was needed. from you, this offers nothing. It is a football forum.
Don't start with useless garbage posts.

I am not a groupie, so just stop.
I was not at all referring to you as a groupie.

I was referring to Mickey and his knee pads.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was not at all referring to you as a groupie.

I was referring to Mickey and his knee pads.

Would have helped if you would have said that. My bad for taking it the wrong way.