Mike Bascik Spills Some Tea on Dak Situation

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He said that you usually don't work on the Deltoid with the type fracture and dislocation that he had. The only time they would do something after a few months like that is they found instability in the ankle. In other words, the ligament may not have been working properly so they would go in and take a ligament from the wrist/forearm area and replace the Deltoid ligament with that.

Thanks for the info! If they did do ligament replacement then that would put his availability in Sep in question in my opinion. That would be a long recovery.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I was asking a question not making a statement that would make me a sucker..

Why don’t you go hang out on Twitter and cry like the rest of the babies instead of whining on here all the time.
Yeah you were asking a question. Who are you trying to kid yourself?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He said that you usually don't work on the Deltoid with the type fracture and dislocation that he had. The only time they would do something after a few months like that is they found instability in the ankle. In other words, the ligament may not have been working properly so they would go in and take a ligament from the wrist/forearm area and replace the Deltoid ligament with that.
There was no 2nd surgery on the deltoid. They found loose fragments in the ankle during the initial surgery that were there before and just went in to clean them out. I don’t understand the ignorance on this. Well, I actually do. Dak haters, and you’re not one of them, will use anything to slime him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was no 2nd surgery on the deltoid. They found loose fragments in the ankle during the initial surgery that were there before and just went in to clean them out. I don’t understand the ignorance on this. Well, I actually do. Dak haters, and you’re not one of them, will use anything to slime him.
Feb 14th 2021 and still no long term contract for broken ankle Prescott!:omg:

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Literally every report I have read references strengthening of the deltoid as one of the reasons for the surgery.

Every report.

You fact hater, you.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
never bet against Dak. That said, aside from the injury, rehab. I dont see Jerry forking over 40 per. I do see a max deal of 37 per. In that range. If they can't do that, they will sign and trade him as per both sides.Odds are both sides will realize being in Dallas is best and they agree on something that makes sense.
Considering the 40M, I don't think that's happening because Prescott's credibility will slide badly. He said he was close to signing and the time ran out. That deal was not for 40M, more like 35M. He was ready to sign for that, plays a handful of games, gets injured and the price now is 40M? How does he justify that. No injury and he continues on the pace he was on? Ok, I get that but there is no validation for going up to 40M now.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
never bet against Dak. That said, aside from the injury, rehab. I dont see Jerry forking over 40 per. I do see a max deal of 37 per. In that range. If they can't do that, they will sign and trade him as per both sides.Odds are both sides will realize being in Dallas is best and they agree on something that makes sense.
Jerry forked over 10+ to Jaylon and made zeke highest paid RB......

Verdict

Reaction score
I think the team could be wrong regarding the Dak contract no matter which way it goes.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Feb 14th 2021 and still no long term contract for broken ankle Prescott!:omg:
You're in the Future?!
This is amazing!
And not unexpected...

I dig it. Can you tell me how bad the snow is going to be on the 14th for me? I know the report calls for rain and sleet, but I'm up in the mountains so rain for below is snow for me.
Either way, I loaded up on firewood and have movie marathons at the ready so let's do this.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Anyone hear Cross Talk between Shan & RJ and the K&C Masterpiece this morning on the Fan? Mike Bascik flew off the rails on the Dak contract discussion and made some seriously bold claims.

He said he wasn't allowed to divulge the fine details, but mentioned that Dak is dealing with more than simply a broken ankle and these next 5 to 6 months are absolutely critical for rehab and basically determining if Dak can play football ever again. Mike said that there is a real "20 percent chance" that Dak never plays football again. Mentioned that the Cowboys are aware of the issue that he knows about, and said that it looks like almost an impossibility that the Cowboys fork over 170+ million dollars to a QB that's dealing with what Dak is dealing with. Also mentioned that releasing him after June with a franchise tag is also a realistic possibility.

I'm not strongly for or against Dak being signed here long term, but this certainly ignites some serious discussion. And for the clowns on this forum that will immediately dismiss this as fake news, Bascik is extremely plugged into the network in the Metroplex and also has numerous connections in the local medical network, since he himself is married to a physician. He was dropping hints of Dak having a second surgery over a month before national media got a hold of that story.

This is a crazy development.
Lol. More reason to move on from Dak. I love the guy and rooted for him hard but it’s time to move on. Jerry the moron didn’t get it done on his rookie contract. Dak’s agent got greedy. Now this. It’s time.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Literally every report I have read references strengthening of the deltoid as one of the reasons for the surgery.

Every report.

You fact hater, you.
I had 3rd degree sprain on the Deltoid ligament and the trainer asked me if I wanted him to break the ankle because he said bones will heal but ligaments are little more trickier especially with your degree. I chose rehab over breaking. It was long but I was back playing soccer in 6 months. The physical part was the easy part but the mental part took a little while. Just did not want to go thru the pain and rehab again. I think Dak will be fine or at least I hope he will be.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're in the Future?!
This is amazing!
And not unexpected...

I dig it. Can you tell me how bad the snow is going to be on the 14th for me? I know the report calls for rain and sleet, but I'm up in the mountains so rain for below is snow for me.
Either way, I loaded up on firewood and have movie marathons at the ready so let's do this.
Get some "Dak+Tad" wood heard it great for flash in pan fires!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

So, you were in the operating room and saw all this crap you are posting? I laugh at you.