Mike McCarthy a fraud?

garyo1954

Reaction score
Keep in mind, Dallas is the place head coaches come to die. Look at the list of Dallas hc who never got hired as a hc post-Dallas. Barry S, Chan G, that gray headed db coach, wade phillips, j garrett, and now mccarthy. Its a death sentence to hc careers to come to Dallas.

Gailey was HC of the Bills from 2010 to 2012. Garrett will get another shot.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
That’s how I knew he was in it for a check.

To me, it seems he kept Kellen as OC in order to have a scape goat for any performance failures.

He didn't keep KM. Jerry Jones did and part of McCarthy being hired was that KM is to call the plays. His hands are tied. So no he's not just "in it for a check"

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Sure looks it thus far. Stupid mental mistakes throughout these four games.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
So another comfortable hire who is able to keep the seat warmed while the OC continues to run his offense and likely get groomed to take over..... where have I heard this story before?

I've been saying this since they made KM QB coach. He is Garrett reincarnated. There is a reason he is still here, and it's not because he's an outstanding OC.

Praxit

Reaction score
......I think this job is way over his head. lol

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
His offense looks better than it did towards the end of his GB tenure.

He is what he is really. People grossly oversold themselves on defensive improvements, when he pretty much came out and said we will need to score a ton of points to win

Some people like @Future have been telling people the personell got worse, not better. People didnt want to hear it
They did get worse, but injuries have played a big role too. Especially on defense.

Carson

Reaction score
The Browns coach was arguably in a worse position and his team his playing well.

Worse? How?

Stud RB, solid 1-2 WR, Solid TE, Top 5 OL

Elite pass rusher Garrett. Solid defense.

No Jerry and Stephen.

Swagger

Reaction score
What scares me is that Garrett got 8 wins out of this team last year. McCarthy is looking like he can't do that. That's not good.
And the defense has got even worse.

We really needed a young guy to bring the juice like a McVay, Kingsbury or Shanahan. Not a dinosaur.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The offense is the least of the problems, it’s the darn defense. They gave up the most rushing yards in franchise history. What a disgrace!

This. McCarthy is an offensive minded coach and he and Kellen Moore are tearing up the league. The turnovers bother me, obviously.

But the biggest problem on this team is the defense, and McCarthy has basically delegated that entirely to Nolan. Poor choice.

The most successful coaches in franchise history always owned both sides of the ball. Was Landry a defensive coach or an offensive coach? Both. Same for Jimmy Johnson and Bill Parcells. If you’re going to completely delegate the defense to someone, they better be a superstar.

John813

Reaction score
What scares me is that Garrett got 8 wins out of this team last year. McCarthy is looking like he can't do that. That's not good.

TBF, last year they had an easy schedule to start the year, and still found a way to lose to the Jets.

This year, the team had a smidge harder opening schedule and proceeded to show that they still suck.

My weak point is that lets see how this team does against the NFC Least.
If they can't get 5 or 6 wins, then yea we are in trouble.

Rayman70

Reaction score
HATE TO SAY THIS, BUT WE NEED to hire a young guy as HC and implement a new way of doing things. I like the idea of hiring Eric bienemy as HC. He is in touch with todays player. He is proven, young, and hes ready. He brings over Andy Reids playbook. Dak will flourish even better.Plus he wont accept the mess we have on Defense. He will not be afraid to start lesser known players if they are better. He is fearless. MM HAS ALREADY LOST THIS TEAM. Mike nolan hiring is what got him fired...oh wait, not fired....YET. LOL...wait for it,its comin.