Mike McCarthy a fraud?

75boyz

Reaction score
So another comfortable hire who is able to keep the seat warmed while the OC continues to run his offense and likely get groomed to take over..... where have I heard this story before?

I, for one, have held to this same story since the first mention of Moore's being retained as well and made numerous posts about it, lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I've not soured on mccarthy yet. I think he still has his scapegoat in nolan. I really like his in game approach more than garrett. The offense seems to grt better and better. Some things to clean up in terms of turnovers, but im willing to give him more time.

Same, I like his game approach. We just don't have a defence. We need to fix that.

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
McCarthy's strength is offense so no I wouldn't say he's a fraud. His issue is he went the nepotism right when it came to choosing his DC.

I was hoping we were past the idea of hiring people for important positions simply because of prior personal relationships, yet here we are doing the same dumb stuff again. If McCarthy based his DC decision purely on resume and hired the most qualified person for the position, Mike Nolan's not in Dallas. And this defense, even with all the missing pieces, looks a hell of a lot better.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm all in with hiring Eric Bienemy as HC. He knows what it takes in todays NFL.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM gonna get fired midseason if he dont make big changes on D this week. What happens next after the lowly undermanned Giants beat us? Whats the excuse then?

75boyz

Reaction score
LOL was this serious or sarcastic?

It's the "new narrative" or goal post shift.
You basically disregard Big Mike's year off watching film and assembling his own handpicked staff as we were told.

You then point to injuries or what's the other ones? Oh yeah, no TC, preseason, global sickness. All the same stuff the other 31 teams faced. Or maybe it's the newest one the old Garrett culture.

You then try to convince yourself that every single defensive player regressed from Marinelli to Nolan's scheme change.

And then...

You chalk it all up to anything but lack of coaching ability.

But yeah, give this more time. Lol :)

It's comic relief for me at this point

PS. And I'm not a Garrett Guy either, lol

Go Cowboys

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
And the defense has got even worse.

We really needed a young guy to bring the juice like a McVay, Kingsbury or Shanahan. Not a dinosaur.

Check back on my posts last year. I was NOT "all in" on MM, if for no other reason than no coach has won SBs with two different teams (though Parcells came close). Of course Andy Reid just won his first SB after years and years of not doing so, not always the young pup that wins it. (Though historically coaches that win SBs mostly do so relatively early in their career and don't later).

MM was never a running game coach, we can see that now even more. Elliot has had 26 carries in the last two games. 26! Paying a guy $15 million a year, let's see, that's about $72,000 a carry.

But what do we hear constantly? "It's a passing league". Really? Dak throws for 502 yards, Mayfield for 165, and who won? Dak is on pace for over 6,700 yards passing, which would obliterate the prior record by 1,000 yards or more. And the Cowboys are 1-3, should have been 0-4 if not for an incredibly stupid handling of the onside kick by Atlanta.

I said a year or more ago that those saying Dak needed to pass more was the way to win, "it's a passing league" was the constant refrain. I said the Cowboys could win running the ball heavily, that maybe the league, that changes, was ready to go back to the running game, and I was told by many "this ain't 1995". But look at some other games yesterday:

Vikings beat the Texans, Cousins 260 yards passing, Watson 300, but 130 yards rushing from Gordon.
Bengals beat the Jags, Minshew 351 yards passing to Burrow's 300, but Cook 130 yards rushing.

Now a couple of games doesn't prove a trend, just saying that abandoning your top-notch, high paid running back isn't winning you games, MAYBE Cowboys could try feeding Zeke?
But again, MM had Aaron Rodgers, who pulled games out of his rear end MANY times, and won only ONE Super Bowl.

So I never did like the hiring of MM that much...

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
NOLAN has been riding his Dads coattails his entire life.
Exactly. I'm interested in seeing if they are willing to throw away the entire 2020 season evaluating him or if they'll smartly realize he's a detriment to team and cut him loose ASAP.

History says they'll let this wound fester all season long rather than pull the plug early. Then during the post-season exit interviews with the media, they'll lament how the never could get the defense straightened out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Exactly. I'm interested in seeing if they are willing to throw away the entire 2020 season evaluating him or if they'll smartly realize he's a detriment to team and cut him loose ASAP.

History says they'll let this wound fester all season long rather than pull the plug early. Then during the post-season exit interviews with the media, they'll lament how the never could get the defense straightened out.
OR FELL JUST SHORT LOL...These Jones' boys are hard headed idiots when it comes to fb moves.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Perhaps but I don't think Andy gets a chance unless injury to Dak. Myself I would love to see Andy run this offense just to see what he could or couldn't do in it.

Andy doesn't handle pass rushes very well, and he'll get plenty of that, Dak's getting his o-line pushed back into his face constantly..

Rayman70

Reaction score
So they are not prepared mentally. Whos responsible for this?
PLAYERS AND COACHES. Heads should be rolling this morning at the star. Instead I am sure the Jones' are slapping them on the arse and telling them its ok..go get em next week. lol...no accountability.