Mike McCarthy a fraud?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Which there's absolutely no evidence for...
I dont see Dallas going the college route again. I think they almost pulled the trigger on hiring Bienemy and if MM flames out like we think he will, HE WILL HAVE HIS SHOT.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Think is about the Jets loss, is that the Jets won a fair amount of games after the Dallas win, so maybe they weren't that bad a team?

And the Browns may turn out to be a very good team, in which case Dallas losing to them won't seem as horrendous.

But agreed the schedule is harder, at this point I'm thinking the only games that would could even think you have a pretty good chance of winning is the two games against the Giants, and even at that it might be in part because the Giants are going for the no. 1 draft pick next year....
This is what disturbs me though. The excuses I hear about why the Cowboys are bad are the same excuses Browns had yet they sit here at 3-1. They have new coaches and schemes yet it’s not a detriment to them.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Well, we’ll see if he’s a fraud when Andy Dalton, his QB, gets to start and Moore can finally start calling 5-7 step drops regularly..

So Dalton is going to help the defense? Lmao. Dalton and Kellen are scrubs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Im giving him more then 4 games its far too incomplete to judge coach,, jeez we let Garett have 10 years and MM 4 games? sometimes adjusments are needed and with shortened off seasons and no PS games add insult to Injury with most of the issues on defense that was turned over with an all new staff and what 70% of the payer s are all new or in different positions?

come on man! this is dumb to blame Mm and label him before this is actually his team..

Im hard pass on judging MM with 4 games in 2020.. 2020 been odd for a lot of people..

Rayman70

Reaction score
Marinelli's defenses never looked this bad. And Garrett's offenses were never this poor at ball control.
ITS LIKE MM was out of coaching...oh wait, he was. MAYBE we should have thought twice about hiring him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
no not at all but it would force KM to call a different Game thats for sure maybe nice traditional ball control etc.. meh..

tell me this all hypothetical because im not in on replacing Dak ,

however would we be worse with Dalton in there then 1-3? i doubt that.. maybe the same who really knows

khiladi

Reaction score

So it’s Kellen’s fault for one-read Dak netting all his yardage on the one-read throws he drops, while staring down his WRs. What part of traditional 5-7 step drop don’t you understand on my comments?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
no matter how devoid of talent the Eagles might be, they scrap and claw to find wins when this team doesn't. until this team shows good football on the field for an extended period, no one should put any stock in them.
They have just one win, lets pump the brakes.

Bluedocd

Reaction score
What scares me is that Garrett got 8 wins out of this team last year. McCarthy is looking like he can't do that. That's not good.
Well, mostly this team. Garrett had a better OL and DL for that matter. And secondary now that I think of it.
But your point is mostly correct. I was expecting a much more disciplined team and this team is not. Too many fumbles, bad blocking, too many bad angles on defense or poor *** tackling. And I think the only reason the penalties aren't sky high is because the league seems to have told the refs to tune down the flags alittle.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Marinelli's defenses never looked this bad. And Garrett's offenses were never this poor at ball control.

True, but again, 2 pts:

1. Only 4 games into a very different scheme, still relatively early, considering no otas or camp or preseason.
2. So we'd be maybe 2-2, or even 3-1, big deal, after 10 years of mediocrity, probably another 8-8 season, or at best one playoff win.

I want SBs, not mediocrity, Garrett had to go, after 10 years he had enough chances...

erod

Reaction score
True, but again, 2 pts:

1. Only 4 games into a very different scheme, still relatively early, considering no otas or camp or preseason.
2. So we'd be maybe 2-2, or even 3-1, big deal, after 10 years of mediocrity, probably another 8-8 season, or at best one playoff win.

I want SBs, not mediocrity, Garrett had to go, after 10 years he had enough chances...
Cleveland had the same hurdles, and they look vastly better than Dallas. New coach there, too.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That depends on what you would call success. Yes the division is poor, but winning the division with a 6-10 record and losing by 30 in the first playoff game to me is not success...
That doesn't change the fact that the entire division has 3 wins combined.
Or, that we're not even half way through the season.

With how bad our defense is, if we win the division and go to the post-season it will be an act of God.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That doesn't change the fact that the entire division has 3 wins combined.
Or, that we're not even half way through the season.

With how bad our defense is, if we win the division and go to the post-season it will be an act of God.

Well it'd be hard for the defense to get worse, they're already on pace to break the record for points allowed by like 81, or nearly a touchdown a game...

Reactions: G2