1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Mike McCarthy's Analytics Fraud

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Toruk_Makto, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

24,117 Messages
    46,188 Likes Received
    So basically, leaving the pocket without being pressured to is an action pass.

2. CB61

CB61 Zone Supporter

9,224 Messages
    5,421 Likes Received
    Well all analytics aside if he can actually game plan different for each opponent and get the players disciplined and the guy he brought in fixes our defensive problems or at least part of them we should be all right? The real issues I want him to fix is the accountability and discipline. He might see something on Analytics that we're all missing he did study awful hard for a year according to him we shall soon see you?

Runwildboys likes this.
  3. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

1,909 Messages
    2,087 Likes Received
    That's what I gather. It's just the term Mike McCarthy uses to describe a rollout or sprint out. Some teams call it a waggle, but I'm sure others have a different term for it.

Just more of that, "Everybody has their own terms for the same stuff" stuff.

4. RoboQB

RoboQB Well-Known Member

4,457 Messages
    5,452 Likes Received
    Nobody hit "like" on any of his posts.
    I'm not in high school. Geez, Run.

brooksey1 and Runwildboys like this.
  5. garyo1954

garyo1954 Well-Known Member

1,909 Messages
    2,087 Likes Received
    His Mission Statement says

We will establish an identity characterized by discipline, effort, toughness, and efficiency.
    Discipline - penalties and assignment errors are unacceptable
    Effort - game day and practice we will go fast and furious snap to whistle
    Toughness - Our attitude is typified by tenacity and toughness
    Efficiency - We will be 'machine-like' in execution. which will be the result of attention to detail philosophy.

CB61, rxdoc and Runwildboys like this.
  6. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

24,117 Messages
    46,188 Likes Received
    Oh, the like button. My bad, brother. Lol

RoboQB and Iago33 like this.
  7. Cowboysfan1975

Cowboysfan1975 Well-Known Member

750 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received
    Hell lets run him out town as soon as possible!

Hadenough and Runwildboys like this.
  8. 65fastback2plus2

65fastback2plus2 Well-Known Member

6,463 Messages
    6,189 Likes Received
    The Hoodie heavily relies on analytics...you're hating on an analytics guy when the last guy we just dumped said he never checks.

I'll take the guy that does what BB does.

9. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

10,319 Messages
    10,510 Likes Received
    He also blatantly lied to the Jones boys in the interview and told them he's watched film on every Cowboys game. I think he's a con man.

CATCH17 likes this.
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

50,981 Messages
    47,303 Likes Received
    These coaches never think it’s them that are the problem. McCarthy is no different. He’ll do what he’s comfortable doing.

I could tell when he was questioned about his playcalling he didn’t really think it was an issue and the big changes he was going to make were the structures to his program.

People that analyzed GBs offense thought it was too bland and basic.

11. KingintheNorth

KingintheNorth Chris in Arizona

13,994 Messages
    17,516 Likes Received
    The hype about McCarthy and analytics is really more a statement on how poor a coach Garrett was with his stubbornness on not adapting analytics or his offensive concepts.

97% of NFL teams relied on analytics before McCarthy took over for Garrett. Now 100% of teams do.

Again, just speaks to how truly inept Garrett was.

12. doomsday9084

doomsday9084 Well-Known Member

535 Messages
    825 Likes Received
    Someone correct me if I am wrong. If you have access to game tape, it takes like 15 minutes to watch an entire game. An entire season can be watched in an afternoon. Now, breaking it down to gameplan against it takes a lot more time though.

13. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

4,450 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    LOL OP would NEVER consider that HE might be wrong, especially on a topic that gave him a manufactured opportunity to take a dig at Ezekiel Elliott, whom he has an unhealthy obsession with.

14. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Zone Supporter

9,356 Messages
    12,705 Likes Received
    MM is absolutely correct. You do need an effective running game for the play action fakes to work. There is nothing controversial about that fact.

ANY analytics is better than none. JG flat out did not believe in analytics. So, even if MM only uses them to decide what to do on 4th down or inside the 5 yard line. Who cares? Its an improvement.

In regard to play action, you need a QB running the offense from under center for the play fake to work. Thats not Dak's strength. Dak is overwhelmingly in shot gun. Dak is and has been the limiting factor on offense.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...tt-kellen-moore-play-calling-third-and-short/

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    Hadenough likes this.
  15. Haimerej

Haimerej Well-Known Member

2,077 Messages
    2,702 Likes Received
    How much does Belichick rely on analytics? "Less than zero."

16. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member

6,428 Messages
    3,078 Likes Received
    How the hell do you know the "reality" of Mike McCarthy's intentions? Geez, people. Put the crack pipe down. Let the man finish putting his staff together and, mmm, heck, I dunno, actually coach the team before you start screaming about how horrible he is? I realize some of you wanted the Dallas coaching search to go a different direction but it didn't, and the lengths to which some supposed Cowboys fans are going to manufacture stuff for bashing McCarthy would be funny if it weren't so frickin' weird. GET A GRIP! I realize it's human nature to believe the worst but maybe consider the idea that McCarthy wanted an NFL job again and actually put work in to make himself a better coach. Is it possible that he has no clue what he's talking about and this whole thing is going to flop? I guess it's possible, but not everything's an anti-Cowboys conspiracy.

17. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat Zone Supporter

5,546 Messages
    8,852 Likes Received
    Is this an official wwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhh thread?

18. starman22

starman22 Well-Known Member

363 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    You are very consistent, but I sincerely hope you are wrong,. I hope you are as emphatic about eating crow if the Boys win a Super Bowl in the next few years.

19. atlantacowboy

atlantacowboy Zone Supporter

9,356 Messages
    12,705 Likes Received
    Link? Something to For all we know, Rodgers was changing things up at the LOS.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  20. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

4,973 Messages
    4,494 Likes Received
    The supposed best analytics coach in the NFL would be below average if it wasn’t for an insanely gifted athletic QB. All of it comes down to the players you have and how you use them.

atlantacowboy likes this.