Mike McCarthy's Draft History

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Considering he was never a decision maker in the draft you learn nothing from this.

That should be painfully obvious from the picks.

Can you imagine an offensive minded coach which picked zero offensive skill position guys in the first round over a 13 year span?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I mean, when a head coach talks about how excited he is to have a bigger voice in the war room IN DALLAS, I don't think you can look at his past drafts and think he had a heavy influence in it.

The only thing that scares me about that is that maybe there was a reason why he didn't have a bigger voice. Hopefully, his main say will be telling McClay the type of players he wants. Let McClay find them and let McCarthy and his staff break the tie if one or more players is rated the same by the scouting staff.

Let Jerry and Stephen spend their time talking about whether John Stephen Jones is going to be Arkansas' starting quarterback next year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If they don't grab Tee Higgins at 17 nothing has changed.

See what I did there?
no way the board need a BPA toy have 2 Defensive postion possible 3 that are needed before you even come to WR..that would be a mistake unless they KNOW Amaris gone.. Gallup and Amari plus a FA or 3rd round WR/TE would be smart

the only time you stray from BPA overlap NEED etc is when someone like Tua or Herbert somehow fell into your lap..

we need stud Defenders as need and BPA which would offer 3 defensive positions to check first.. now if Higgins or anther stud WR/TE is there and they rate higher then those positions left, MAYBE.. we have 18+ defensive FAs to make decsions on..

garyo1954

Reaction score
no way the board need a BPA toy have 2 Defensive postion possible 3 that are needed before you even come to WR..that would be a mistake unless they KNOW Amaris gone.. Gallup and Amari plus a FA or 3rd round WR/TE would be smart

the only time you stray from BPA overlap NEED etc is when someone like Tua or Herbert somehow fell into your lap..

we need stud Defenders as need and BPA which would offer 3 defensive positions to check first.. now if Higgins or anther stud WR/TE is there and they rate higher then those positions left, MAYBE.. we have 18+ defensive FAs to make decsions on..

:flagwave: You still didn't see what I did there. Holla when you figure it out.