Mike Tyson to face Roy Jones Jr. in September exhibition match

joseephuss

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...-face-roy-jones-jr-september-exhibition-match

Mike Tyson to face Roy Jones Jr. in September exhibition match

Former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson is making a comeback.

Tyson will fight Roy Jones Junior in an eight-round exhibition on September 12. The bout will be broadcast on pay-per-view as well as multi-media platform, Triller. According to a release on the fight, there will also be a ten-part docuseries on Triller leading up to the bout.

The 54-year-old Tyson (50-6) has caused a stir on social media the past few months as he posted footage of himself training, last fought 15 years ago when he was stopped in six rounds by Kevin McBride.

Last month, Jones, 51, expressed interest in a possible bout with Tyson.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Although Roy isn’t a top fighter anymore, he’s still been fighting regularly and is still a legitimate pro. He’s won 12 of his last 13 and fought last year. Tyson hasn’t fought in almost two decades. And in their primes, they were both two of the best fighters of all time. Not so sure Tyson has a chance. But these are by far my two favorite fighters of all time that I grew up on. So I’m excited.

zerofill

Reaction score
Although Roy isn’t a top fighter anymore, he’s still been fighting regularly and is still a legitimate pro. He’s won 12 of his last 13 and fought last year. Tyson hasn’t fought in almost two decades. And in their primes, they were both two of the best fighters of all time. Not so sure Tyson has a chance. But these are by far my two favorite fighters of all time that I grew up on. So I’m excited.

Yep, I loved watching them both, and it is true... Roy stayed active. I would never count Roy out of any fight.

I am guessing we will see a glimmer of old Tyson for first 3 rounds, and then age will definitely play a factor.

I still don't understand how he looks like he does without some type of testosterone replacement... Just doesn't seem possible at 54.

But, he was a genetic freak...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Roy is one of the most unorthodox fighters ever. Could throw punches from any angle.
Too bad he didn't know when to stop fighting. Father Time is undefeated, and it's disturbing to see this once great fighter getting knock unconscious in the ring.
I don't know what to say about this fight. I really don't.
I hope neither gets hurt too badly. But it's not going to last long. They just don't have the stamina and age for this to go the distance - unless they're playing with each other.