Mike Zimmer should be the Dallas HC

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
well that seem draft he pulled Miles Austin, Sam Hurd and Stephen Bowen out of undrafted free agency. He also was pretty upset that the scouts he sent to see austin in NJ missed on Marques Colston. He used to bring that up all the time.

Ehh....I think missing on Barbie or even thinking he was worth a top 15 pick outweighs all the above lol.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I'm saying Jerry was never gonna fire Parcells. Whenever Parcells was done with us he was going to be done with us. Payton was younger and at that point would've been a smarter guy to invest in than Parcells. You said Parcells talked him out of the Raiders job......I think Payton just didn't want to go there. I don't have proof of that its just my observation. I personally don't even think Payton wanted to be a head coach here or in Oakland. Hard to fathom anyone with buzz like Payton had would want to coach for a Al Davis or a Jerry Jones. I remember hearing he wanted more freedom and wanted the Packers job if I'm not mistaken. Packers and Saint's offered him that.

Well you dont fire Bill Parcells for Sean Payton. You just don't.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well you dont fire Bill Parcells for Sean Payton. You just don't.

No....you don't. That's why I said I blame Parcells. Not because he didn't fire himself lol......but because he was here. My point was....it wasn't Jerry's fault Payton and Zimmer aren't here or weren't head coaches. They never had a shot at coaching here. Like you stated...you were never firing Parcells for Payton.

yimyammer

Reaction score
there was no way to keep him past that season.

In bizarro world, one might imagine a scenario where a GM has vision, the ability to evaluate coaching and the forethought to realize Parcells wasn't long for the coaching world and then endeavored to work a deal with Payton and Parcells that would create a smooth transition upon Parcells departure.

Unfortunately, jeri thought Payton was a goofball and likely never gave it any thought

Mannix

Reaction score
-------That's one thing I hate about the playoffs....its that moment where we rue old players and old coaches who aren't here anymore

WRONG....it's not "that moment"....I've rued the day for years that Zimmer wasn't here. I could tell watching an Hard Knocks that he was the one Assistant that we needed to keep around as HC.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I know this.

I would hire either Pat Shurmur or Pete Carmichael from either offensive staff.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, but that was before we’d seen Romo start.

Point was if Sean truly knew how good Romo was it would have only taken a 2nd rd pk.

Yeah but if this guy had never even played a down in the NFL......yet Sean Payton was willing to throw a 3rd rounder his way and Parcells thought he was worthy of a 2nd round pick.....that tells me they think rather highly of the guy. He was a undrafted free agent rookie....he essentially had no value to no one but Sean Payton since he had worked with him. So if you thought that highly of him you must've thought he was a starter in this league to ask for that much back.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right.. a backup or insurance.

Makes sense. Explains why he didn't want to part with a 2nd rounder. You could defend using a 3rd rounder on a backup.....hard to argue a 2nd rounder though.
I remember people celebrating, when both Zimmerman and Payton left our staff.

Cowboy fans like to re-write and revise history when it comes to ex-players and coaches. Cowboy fans hated Zimmer here. Terrance Newman too who's his starting corner. Cowboys hated Parcells offense and Payton to go along with it.......but fault the Cowboys for not keeping them around lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah but if this guy had never even played a down in the NFL......yet Sean Payton was willing to throw a 3rd rounder his way and Parcells thought he was worthy of a 2nd round pick.....that tells me they think rather highly of the guy. He was a undrafted free agent rookie....he essentially had no value to no one but Sean Payton since he had worked with him. So if you thought that highly of him you must've thought he was a starter in this league to ask for that much back.
Maybe so but it would seem if he truly thought he’d be a starter he would have given Bill that 2nd rounder don’t you think?

alsmith

Reaction score
Parcells would have won the SB in 2007. Retired after 2008. Zimmer would have taken over. Perennial playoffs instead of the Red Headed excuse machine.

Counter factual of the day.
If l remember right a lot of ppl on this board, except myself wanted him gone, too bad hes a very good coach..