Mike Zimmer should be the Dallas HC

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe so but it would seem if he truly thought he’d be a starter he would have given Bill that 2nd rounder don’t you think?

Yes and no. It would be hard for Payton to justify giving up a 2nd rounder for a quarterback after they just gave Drew Brees 60 million dollars.........

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes and no. It would be hard for Payton to justify giving up a 2nd rounder for a quarterback after they just gave Drew Brees 60 million dollars.........
Bottom line is at that point Romo was only going to be the backup. Sean had no intention of Romo starting over Brees.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Easy to say Zimmer should be HC now but no one was saying it years ago when he was a coordinator with the Cowboys. No one is saying Payton should be the coach of the Cowboys right now because his team is getting their butts handed to them at the moment. Too many live in the moment here.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easy to say Zimmer should be HC now but no one was saying it years ago when he was a coordinator with the Cowboys. No one is saying Payton should be the coach of the Cowboys right now because his team is getting their butts handed to them at the moment. Too many live in the moment here.
Zimmer yes Peyton no at least I was anyway

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL the buffoon has a Superbowl

Yeah I know.....so does Barry Switzer......

But aye......I don't think Parcells was always a buffoon. I actually think he started off well here. He was half buffoon and half coaching legend when he was here. More than the Dolphins got....they got solely the buffoon.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I know.....so does Barry Switzer......

But aye......I don't think Parcells was always a buffoon. I actually think he started off well here. He was half buffoon and half coaching legend when he was here. More than the Dolphins got....they got solely the buffoon.
Yeah I was just messing

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Bottom line is at that point Romo was only going to be the backup. Sean had no intention of Romo starting over Brees.

I agree. But that Saint's team was raw from what I remember and they needed all of their picks. Sean couldn't justify trading a 2nd rounder away for a backup QB. Especially at that point.....I believe Brees was a year older than Romo if I'm not mistaken.

Bigdog

Reaction score
People forget how bad the Aint's have been.....and a big part of that was because of coaching until he realized they should be a run first team.
People also forget that Payton was fired as the OC by Fassell when they were with the Giants. In fact the Fassel took over the play calling that year they went to the SB against the Ravens. I do say that Payton has definitely learned from his mistakes just like Billicheck. I was hoping that Garrett does but it has been 8 years so I won't hold my breath.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
People also forget that Payton was fired as the OC by Fassell when they were with the Giants. In fact the Fassel took over the play calling that year they went to the SB against the Ravens. I do say that Payton has definitely learned from his mistakes just like Billicheck. I was hoping that Garrett does but it has been 8 years so I won't hold my breath.

Yeah I remember that about Payton as well..didn't something happen here too with Parcells? I thought Parcells took some duties from him. He's come a long way...I don't have the same love affair that most Cowboy fans do......but I surely wouldn't mind him being here.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zimmer has lost his last 10 postseason games as a position coach and HC. That may change the opinion of some about him. Lol

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
lol, I'm trying to envision Zimmer as HC under Jerry.......the first time Jerry tried to "puppetize" him, Zimmer would probable respond to Jerry something about self-coitussing or something along those lines.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Yeah I remember that about Payton as well..didn't something happen here too with Parcells? I thought Parcells took some duties from him. He's come a long way...I don't have the same love affair that most Cowboy fans do......but I surely wouldn't mind him being here.
I am not sure if Parcells took away some duties from him. It just goes to show that it takes experience to learn from your mistakes but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. That is what we have here.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
lol, I'm trying to envision Zimmer as HC under Jerry.......the first time Jerry tried to "puppetize" him, Zimmer would probable respond to Jerry something about self-coitussing or something along those lines.

He would break him too. He breaks them all.

Jerry wouldn't take his yelling seriously and would joke about it on the radio. Then players who are upset would go to jerry.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am not sure if Parcells took away some duties from him. It just goes to show that it takes experience to learn from your mistakes but the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expect different results. That is what we have here.

he didn't. In fact he fired Maurice carthon after the 04 season and gave payton the play calling.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Parcells would have won the SB in 2007. Retired after 2008. Zimmer would have taken over. Perennial playoffs instead of the Red Headed excuse machine.

Counter factual of the day.

Haha.

This board is so smart. Back in the day most of the board was calling for Zimmer's head.

Doesn't anyone remember GROZ?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
He would break him too. He breaks them all.

Jerry wouldn't take his yelling seriously and would joke about it on the radio. Then players who are upset would go to jerry.
No he wouldn't.....he already knows how our egotistical GM in training is, so he wouldn't even consider a HC position here as long as Jerry is around.

The two real HC's we've had that he couldn't control didn't stay around long, Jerry won't try and hire another.