Mike Zimmer should be the Dallas HC

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm in someone's sig for blaming Parcells for a lot of our current situation.

His dismissal of many coaches, combined with this shift from the 4-3 to the 3-4 set this franchise back quite a bit.
I agree 100%. And then he wanted to call it quits a year after. I don't deny the impact he had here....but he hurt us as well. He was fine for the present but he hurt it future IMO.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
They’re all in hiding. :cool:

why would they be, his defense just gave up a 4th and 10 and allowed the saints to go down and kick a field goal to take the lead.

The saints going brain dead cost them.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Zimmer has lost his last 10 postseason games as a position coach and HC. That may change the opinion of some about him. Lol

The price you pay for being an assistant on both the Cowboys and Bengals in the 21st century.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
why would they be, his defense just gave up a 4th and 10 and allowed the saints to go down and kick a field goal to take the lead.

The saints going brain dead cost them.

I’m sure many who were bashing him then are on the Zimmer bandwagon now. Regardless that his D gave up a 4th and 10 they still have the top defense in the league and won the game.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The guy has been 7-9 for the last 3 years with one of the best QB’s in the league. Most people here would be calling for,his head by now.

Thank you. I've been saying that all season but apparently those mediocre years with Drew Brees were not Peyton's fault.

If Garrett lost this game today, that way, he'd be crucified on this board.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I’m sure many who were bashing him then are on the Zimmer bandwagon now. Regardless that his D gave up a 4th and 10 they still have the top defense in the league and won the game.

they do.

aria

Reaction score
Thank you. I've been saying that all season but apparently those mediocre years with Drew Brees were not Peyton's fault.

If Garrett lost this game today, that way, he'd be crucified on this board.
Ha, I didn’t even think about that. Even though the defender clearly should have tackled him they would have been yelling about Marinelli not dropping more defenders back like he did against KC which apparently was his fault that all the defenders missed the tackles as well. I hope some of the JG haters who watjxed todays game realize he’s not nearly as bad as they think. Is he the best, absolutely not but he’s definitely not that bad.

Mannix

Reaction score
--------The full circle of this thread makes me so happy.

I can't start a thread....what's up with this probation period? Rats!!!!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ha, I didn’t even think about that. Even though the defender clearly should have tackled him they would have been yelling about Marinelli not dropping more defenders back like he did against KC which apparently was his fault that all the defenders missed the tackles as well. I hope some of the JG haters who watjxed todays game realize he’s not nearly as bad as they think. Is he the best, absolutely not but he’s definitely not that bad.

I'm no Garrett fan, but sometimes it comes down to players just making mistakes no matter how much "coaching" they get. That's on the players.

I'm pretty sure no one "coached" the Saints defender to tackle that way.

lostar2009

Reaction score
His contract was up in 06 and he was frustrated with parcells and did not want to coach the 34 again. He whined about it all year and parcells gave in to him and allowed zimmer to run his defense in week 17 against detroit. It was not good.

So you couldn't have parcells and zimmer together again after 06.

This is what people forget. Zimmer was a 43 guy.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Bill Belichick should be Head Coach of OUR Cowboys.
continue the grand tradition of hiring def geniuses who worked for the giants.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think it was the first year in the Kiffinelli era, Zimmer went to the Vikes and hired Norv. That was the Dream Team for the Cowboys in the Romo era. Two coaches that Jerry saw great success with as OCs. Our defense had been catastrophically awful. Worst ever. But instead of moving on to an up and coming HC who had worked for him in the past and had produced for him, we continued with the same crew that brought us disaster and humiliation.

Garrett is Jerrystein's Monster. Jerry has failed at getting championships post Jimmy, so he is focused on leaving a coaching legacy that he created instead.