Military appreciation day at Training camp Oxnard

Reid1boys

Reaction score
thats strange... I just now entered in Oxnard into waze, and while I said 5 hours as a guestimate... I was off. Waze said it would take me 5 hrs and 1 minute to get there. You do know what is considered NorCal is fairly large, yes? Or do you consider Norcal to be up near Eureka?

We dont use maps much in the current world. Do you still have a flip phone?

408Cowboy

Reaction score
thats strange... I just now entered in Oxnard into waze, and while I said 5 hours as a guestimate... I was off. Waze said it would take me 5 hrs and 1 minute to get there. You do know what is considered NorCal is fairly large, yes? Or do you consider Norcal to be up near Eureka?

We dont use maps much in the current world. Do you still have a flip phone?
Guessing you're somewhere in or just south of the South Bay area

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WTH dont you get here? I dont need a reason to not go. If I didnt want to go, I just dont go, dont need to make up some reason. So all cars are supposed to be compacts? Im driving from northern Ca, and myself and my daughter will be bringing our golf clubs and push golf carts, so excuse me for needing to either bring my truck or my suburban. Im supposed to apologize and pay moe for not driving some little compact? I have a smaller car, a convertible Miata, but clubs, carts, and bags arent fitting in the Miata.

In ay event, like I said, if I feel like I am being nickled and dimed, this is likely my last year. Dont need to make up some bs for noth going. Ive been going for years for a reason, I enjoy the golf and the camp. That simple.

Just put him on ignore.

You can't win wrestling a pig in mud because they enjoy it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
it may be hard for you to understand, but many things for me are not about the money. My wife and I have done pretty well for ourselves.... 20 bucks wont mean a darn thing for me. That being said, sometimes it is just about the point of things. If I feel like I am being nickled and dimed.....it just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
I recently dropped directv after 20 years because of something similar, not only about th emoney, but due to the AT&T merger, they did something that I just got tired of dealing with and dropped them.

Same thing here, charging me twice the amount of someone else to park my vegicle because it is a suburban just leaves a sour tast in my mouth. And I am going, but I wil evaluate after we are done wether or not I will return based upon my experience.
Don’t sweat the small **** and it’s all small ****.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
im not driving 5 hours to go to camp to take a bus to get there. I dont do buses at this point in my life unless IM going to a game. Lazy? Im just stating a point of view. At some point, when you feel like you are getting nickled and dimed it gets to a frustration point that just makes you not want to go. So like I said, this may be the last year.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Just some info on parking....

Last year during the first weekend of camp, everyone without elite membership had to park at the high school. I think it was $10. Then you were shuttled to the site.

It was a way for the school/city to make some $$$ from the fans.

During the week days only.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The parking at the site is smaller also.

There is a housing development surrounding both fields.

It is slowing eating the site.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The parking at the site is smaller also.

There is a housing development surrounding both fields.

It is slowing eating the site.
yes it is. Our first year going, the housing development wasnt there at all and parking was on the side of the complex opposite the side of the field with the bleacher seating. That is also where they put all of the merch trucks and what not. That was ideal. Then they had to move parking and it seems like they have a slightly different setup each year. it seems strange to have those two fields there at all honestly. Are they used at all when the Cowboys are not in town?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
jerry sure knows how to keep making those dollars and fans keep forking it over in huge amounts
As opposed to giving away your product for free when people are willing to pay for it. There's a reason why Jerry is a billionaire.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Just some info on parking....

Last year during the first weekend of camp, everyone without elite membership had to park at the high school. I think it was $10. Then you were shuttled to the site.

It was a way for the school/city to make some $$$ from the fans.

During the week days only.
and we did not go last year. Holy cow are they pushing the elite membership on people. We always bought it anyways. Also, the Elite membership is good for one calendar year, but get this. Lets say you bought your membership on August 3rd of 2018 and attend camp. It gets you in free and parking and whatnNow lets say you attend camp this year on July 29 and 30 of 2019, you elite membership is still good, right? I mean, afterall, it doesnt expire for another week, right? Nope... that elite membership somehow is no longer valid. Maybe I got something when I signed up that stated this, but I dont believe so. Now that really ticked me off. I have no problem with it if it is clearly stated to us, but when businesses hide stuff from us and spring crap on us like this..... again, nickled and dimed.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
And it takes -- without traffic -- six hours to get to SJ from Eureka.
I didnt say I was from Eureka... someone said Im not from Norcal if I can get to Oxnard in 5 hours. I am from the Modesto area.... NOT SAN JOSE with that crap traffic. When I leave, I leave by 530 am and really dont have much traffic. Coming home same thing, I will not get caught in that traffic. I think Waze said I was 324 miles from Oxnard.