Twitter: Mini Camp Day 2 tweets

817Gill

Reaction score
I just hope Pollard uses better judgment in taking balls out of the endzone than he did on several occasions last season
Had a few errors, but he was 4th overall in kick return yards and top 10 in average per return. He’s definitely a good returner just hasn’t been able to finish those returns, always makes a cut too late or runs into a blocker downfield. Had some cool highlights though on some 30-40+ yard returns.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Had a few errors, but he was 4th overall in kick return yards and top 10 in average per return. He’s definitely a good returner just hasn’t been able to finish those returns, always makes a cut too late or runs into a blocker downfield. Had some cool highlights though on some 30-40+ yard returns.

I think he is capable of doing the job, he just needs to use better judgement at times. Some of those mistakes were costly.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've been mentioning Aaron Parker here and there.

I was impressed with his game, but of course no one like that got a shot last year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gallup AND Brown toasting Diggs isn't good news.

Who knows what's what at this phase, but still...not what you want to hear.

Brown isn't exactly a burner.

It is good news for Gallup, Brown and Dak. lol Diggs also has been making plays in these OTA and mini camps. That is problem when team is practicing against itself someone has to lose the battle and losing to Gallup has been done by many CB in this league.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Gallup AND Brown toasting Diggs isn't good news.

Brown isn't exactly a burner.

To the first, I doubt they're doing much in the way of sophisticated coverage schemes. Plus, there's no pass rush.

To the second, Brown has Diggs by a few inches. And if a receiver is taller, runs crisps routes and has a quarterback who delivers the ball on a dime, the play/pass is practically indefensible, I don't care if Deion Sanders is in coverage.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Don't know. Didn't get that far just yet.

I'm not picking on your team, don't worry. Just an observation.

Last thing I want to see is that guy have issues. We are obviously fully counting on him.
Exactly. My point is that CB's get beat. It's how they respond which matters. Can't just hear about 1 play and say your worried about Diggs. That's just not a fair assumption.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Don't know. Didn't get that far just yet.

I'm not picking on your team, don't worry. Just an observation.

Last thing I want to see is that guy have issues. We are obviously fully counting on him.

Trevon Diggs looks like a reason to be optimistic about the Cowboys defense,” Harrison wrote in his Friday notebook following practice, according to the team’s website. “It doesn’t matter if he’s nose-to-nose with Michael Gallup or matched up with CeeDee Lamb, Diggs competes for every ball. He’s comfortable defending any route from any coverage. Diggs is supremely confident, but his greatest attribute may be his short-term memory. In 7-on-7 he was beat by Gallup on a curl, but on a comeback route with Lamb he was able wrestle away the ball for an interception.”

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...unted-on-to-take-a-step-up-in-his-second-year

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been mentioning Aaron Parker here and there.

I was impressed with his game, but of course no one like that got a shot last year.

I wonder how they're going to handle the wide receiver positions roster-wise, given the uncertain long-term futures of Gallup and Cooper on this team?

For instance, do they keep a guy like Parker - who they can have under contract for several years - vs a guy like Noah Brown or Wilson who will be unrestricted free agents after this season?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Diggs you want to be all pro? learn how to draw offensive PI like Jalen Ramsey. If you can learn to fake out officials like this you will be gold

Beaker42

Reaction score
Biadasz as the starting Center is interesting. Lets hope WIlliams steps up this year at LG.
Why is it interesting? The kid did it for 4 games or so until he got hurt and had one of the highest win rate of any C on running plays.