Minkah Fitzpatrick “Strong Safety Isn’t Best Suited For Me”

817Gill

Reaction score
Do some research on this guys NFL career not just college. He IS NOT, nor DOES HE WANT TO BE a Strong Safety.

His own mother even responded to a tweet about his poor play:

“Maybe it’s because he is not a [strong safety] and is being used to suit other people[’s] skill set, not his own.”

Minkah’s response?

“She’s not wrong,” he continued. “Coach has asked me do something right now. I got to do what they ask me to do. If we have to have some discussions in the future, we’ll have those discussions.”

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article233985932.html

Y’all really wanna trade for a corner? We have corners, and have shown we can draft them. No reason to burn a high pick on a guy who isn’t even a proven commodity. Names don’t mean they fit guys I thought we were past this

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Opinions vary just like beliefs.

But in my opinion he'd be a better corner than Brown. Brown is in his finale year so having Minkah's versatility waiting in the wings would be nice. There are no guarantees that we resign B.Jones and Minkah has four years left on his rookie deal.

So Taco, Hill, and Brown for Minkah is a trade I'd make. Addition by subtraction might come to mind on two of those guys.

I want Minkah as a CB.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

But in my opinion he'd be a better corner than Brown. Brown is in his finale year so having Minkah's versatility waiting in the wings would be nice. There are no guarantees that we resign B.Jones and Minkah has four years left on his rookie deal.

So Taco, Hill, and Brown for Minkah is a trade I'd make. Addition by subtraction might come to mind on two of those guys.

I want Minkah as a CB.

No way they are trading Hill and why would Miami want Brown when he will be a FA and they are in complete rebuild mode. They want draft picks.
Taco, yes, but again they want draft picks.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Where is this even coming from?

Blue chip prospect.

On his rookie deal.

Can play a position of need here.

Seeking a trade.

Saban connection / RKG.

Has the same agent as Taco.

Outside of giving up a 1 i'm doing this deal if i'm Dallas. It makes way too much sense for this team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I want Minkah as a CB.

So you think Miami would give away Fitzpatrick for two linemen you don't want and a pedestrian CB in the final year of his contract? Why would they do that?

Sydla

Reaction score
If the Cowboys thinks Woods can shift over and play SS, I'd be for all for it. The kid can play a little. If they think Woods best position in FS, then I am not sure how much sense it makes bringing in a guy who may end up being disgruntled playing the SS spot (granted, teams use their SS differently so maybe he might be OK with how he's used here? I have no idea).

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Y’all really wanna trade for a corner? We have corners, and have shown we can draft them. No reason to burn a high pick on a guy who isn’t even a proven commodity. Names don’t mean they fit guys I thought we were past this

Absolutely. It would be a smart move. I'd play him in the slot.

Lets you move on from Brown, who will be expensive, for cheaper and upgrades the position at the same time. Plus you get the comp pick for Brown? No brainer.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I thought our safeties are interchangeable. I would give a first for him. We would at the very least be in the 2nd round of the playoffs. He is worth a first round pick in the late 20s. Good player.

Sydla

Reaction score
Absolutely. It would be a smart move. I'd play him in the slot.

Lets you move on from Brown, who will be expensive, for cheaper and upgrades the position at the same time. Plus you get the comp pick for Brown? No brainer.

It may be Jones that is walking, not Brown.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
No way they are trading Hill and why would Miami want Brown when he will be a FA and they are in complete rebuild mode. They want draft picks.
Taco, yes, but again they want draft picks.
If they are rebuilding they'd want picks and/or young guys. Taco, Hill, and Brown are still young. You never know in this league, anything's possible.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So you think Miami would give away Fitzpatrick for two linemen you don't want and a pedestrian CB in the final year of his contract? Why would they do that?

I'd give up Donovan Wilson and a 2.

There is a lot of guys on this roster i'd give up + a 2 for this player.

I'd give up a 2 and a 4 or 5 as well.

This guy is what the Cowboys are looking for in so many ways.

JayFord

Reaction score
What is coaches obsession with making corners play safety?

Those are two completely different positions that require different skill sets and only some can make that switch and by some I mean 20% if that

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If the Cowboys thinks Woods can shift over and play SS, I'd be for all for it. The kid can play a little. If they think Woods best position in FS, then I am not sure how much sense it makes bringing in a guy who may end up being disgruntled playing the SS spot (granted, teams use their SS differently so maybe he might be OK with how he's used here? I have no idea).

Or you could potentially just let Woods walk if Donovan Wilson can play.

Our safeties would be on rookie contracts for the next 3 or 4 years.