MMQB - 2019 NFL Mock Draft: A Very Early Look at the Potential Top 10 Picks

Plankton

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/07/11/2019-nfl-mock-draft-nick-bosa-greg-little-jarrett-stidham

Let me begin by saying that no one should be doing a mock draft in July—not me, not anyone. We don’t know which teams are going to be drafting at the top (for this order, I used the reverse order of the current Bovada Super Bowl odds), nor do we know, in some of these cases, who will be in the teams’ front offices doing the drafting. All of these college players still have a full season left to play, and things can change wildly in that time.

And yet, I’ll admit it. I very well might click when I see a 2019 mock draft floating around there on the internet, especially if it’s for someone reputable.

Does that make me an idiot? Probably. A sucker? Definitely. I love college football and I love pro football, and so I can’t help myself, which means I can’t blame you for wanting this kind of thing.

A few quick notes: First, the scouts I’ve talked to are knowledgeable, of course, but haven’t yet studied many players in the 2019 class thoroughly, nor have they done the litany of school visits, live scouting trips and recon work they’ll have in the can when the process ramps up again in January. Opinions on players will likely change—most notably, quarterbacks often rise in scouts’ minds during the fall and get overdrafted in the spring.

But this year could be different because of the lack of clear first-round options.

“Need might be the most important part for this year’s class—who in the hell is going to need a quarterback?” says Trent Dilfer. “Does Blake Bortles play well this year? Does Lamar Jackson take over for Flacco? I don’t know. The Pittsburgh Steelers have Mason Rudolph behind Ben Roethlisberger, and I love Mason, but Drew Lock and Jarrett Stidham are better prospects than Mason.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
2019 D Line depth and potential is amazing.

Also, as far as a top 10 guy, watch out for Ohio State CB Kendell Sheffield (6'0", 193). Ohio State just keeps pumping out first round CB's (Eli Apple, 2016 10th overall - Marshon Lattimore, 2017 11th overall/Pro Bowler/DROY - Gareon Conley, 2017 24th overall - Denzel Ward, 2018 4th overall). Sheffield, who also runs track for the Buckeyes, broke OSU's 60-meter dash indoor record earlier this year with a time of 6.663 seconds.
38674965824_66287ca6fe_o.jpg