Twitter: MMQB and Archer: Cowboys using Jaylon more as a pass rusher

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Think Walker mentioned this also.........wonder if we'll see more of this or they're experimenting

Sydla

Reaction score
Interesting, but this will bear watching. 95% to 65% is a big drop.

And with this organization, it would not surprise me if Smith is hurt and trying to labor through something and they are selling it as a usage thing.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like the idea ...... Wish we could get some interior guys to make this unnecessary

quickccc

Reaction score
I've always envisioned Jaylon as a blitzer, but more so off the edge vs blitz blocking RBs, he was a nightmare at that at Notre Dame, . but as a blitzer coming thru the middle, I don't
quite see his impact. Most times he simply gets stone-walled and stopped in his track.

and if its about breaks and relief, Joe Thomas is going to be used to spell LVE at times too, I would think.

And Thomas is swift and instinctive enough in coverage to well handle himself.
in fact don't be surprised if he picks off a pass in the dropping lanes.(almost did so in preseason)

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
The staff should always be tweaking its strategy looking for ways to become more proficient. Hopefully they will find something to help put the quarterback down or under duress. With the offense scoring a bit quicker these days the defense will need to find a way to get off the field, either by downs or turn over. Let's Go:flagwave:

dallasdave

Reaction score
The staff should always be tweaking its strategy, looking for ways to become more proficient. Hopefully they will find something to help put the quarterback down or under duress. With the offense scoring a bit quicker these days the defense will need to find a way to get off the field, either by downs or turn over. Let's Go:flagwave:
Well said indeed SIR :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

waldoputty

Reaction score
i noticed jaylon on several blitzes but he does not seem to be getting through at all

not sure our blitzing scheme is any good

Verdict

Reaction score
I would bench Lee and play a different linebacker in his spot. Pretty much anyone.