MMQB day 2 mock

Gaede

Reaction score
What's wrong with Irv Smith at 58? I'd be down for that. Good value at a position of need.

He should be one of our targets.

People get upset because they set their sights on defense only.

Our offense was awful for most of the year. We should rejoice with another weapon, especially one who can get TDs like Smith

Sydla

Reaction score

Our offense was awful for most of the year. We should rejoice with another weapon, especially one who can get TDs like Smith

Maybe TE at 58 would be OK depending on the defensive players on the board.

But a TE at 58 and then a TB at 90? That would be dumb.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
If we are going to get a day 1 contributor, chances are it is on the defense. Isn't everyone saying we need a starter with our first pick?

There are good safeties available at each spot in this mock and we turn our nose up at them? I'd be ticked, and I agree with Catch...Smith is a decent TE, but they are available everywhere. He isn't a 10 year guy like we have been spoiled with.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Our offense was awful for most of the year. We should rejoice with another weapon, especially some one who can get TDs like Smith

No kidding. I want to address S, too, but once Adderley, Rapp, Thornhill go off the board, it's a reach. And there will probably be higher-rated players there for us at other positions even if one of them falls. TE, OL, WR, DT, whatever is there that's a good value, that's who we should take and not look back and not complain. We're going to add a good player as long as we don't reach.

Gaede

Reaction score
Maybe TE at 58 would be OK depending on the defensive players on the board.

But a TE at 58 and then a TB at 90? That would be dumb.

I agree about the RB for sure. We have THE best RB in the NFL. No need for a high priced backup who gets 5 touches a game

Last edited:

Jumbo075

Reaction score
No way in hell. If we pick a TE, it will be in round 4 and beyond.

Not sure why the Cowboys would pick another round 4 TE, when they just picked one last season, who started to get better by the end of the season. If they don't pick a TE in the 2nd round, then I just can't see them picking one, unless it is purely a blocking TE in round 7 - like Geoff Swaim 4 years ago.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I agree about the RB for sure. We havtle THE best RB in the NFL. No need for a high priced backup who gets 5 touches a game

There is always the theory that if your offense is based heavily on the run, you better have a good backup or the offense falls apart should something happen to the starter.

Sydla

Reaction score
Trey Wingo practically absolved him of his domestic abuse thing where he beat a woman that was on the ground.

And the kid has owned up to it, admitted he was wrong and apologized profusely for it. The kid was defending his sister who got in a fight with the girl in question. He didn't shy away from blame or make excuses. And he's had zero issues outside that one incident, to my knowledge.

Franky, there was no reason to drag all that out and skewer him on air last night.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
And the kid has owned up to it, admitted he was wrong and apologized profusely for it. The kid was defending his sister who got in a fight with the girl in question. He didn't shy away from blame or make excuses. And he's had zero issues outside that one incident, to my knowledge.

Franky, there was no reason to drag all that out and skewer him on air last night.

Meh, beating the snot out of a woman that he had separated from his sister is pretty reprehensible. But the pardon given by ESPN was just so over the top it was disgusting.

Funny thing is there have been multiple guys with worse offenses than Zeke had, that were on film, and none of them have got the same punishment he has. It is ridiculous.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Sydla

Reaction score
Meh, beating the snot out of a woman that he had separated from his sister is pretty reprehensible. But the pardon given by ESPN was just so over the top it was disgusting.

Funny thing is there have been multiple guys with worse offenses than Zeke had, that were on film, and none of them have got the same punishment he has. It is ridiculous.

So that's it. You are just bitter because of how you feel ESPN treated Zeke.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
isn't the point of the draft to take the best player available when u pick they could use both players if they are good players

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
So that's it. You are just bitter because of how you feel ESPN treated Zeke.

No...I wonder why hearts are bleeding for one player and others should be kicked out of the league. There was no need for them to come up with some bleeding heart sob story for the dude. It happened three years ago, I don't even understand why they brought it up.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Notice Thornhill is only 6 picks from 0ur 90........
I'll say what I said in another thread: If we get this close and don't trade up...

Coming out of day two with Irv Smith and Jusn Thornhill... I'll take that right now.