MMQB day 2 mock

Smith22

Reaction score
that youtube link listed him as 6'4 280, but he was 6'2 and 242 at combine?

KDM256

Reaction score
I love Irv Smith Jr's game but I don't think he makes it to 58 (could see the Titans drafting him in the 2nd to replace Delanie Walker.

Even if Irv does slip to 58, I still don't see Dallas drafting a TE especially with Schultz being selected last year and Witten to help mentor him in the process.

Defense will be the pick in my opinion but I could see Dallas going running back to form a nice one/two punch with Zeke or possibly a Offensive Lineman

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Not sure why the Cowboys would pick another round 4 TE, when they just picked one last season, who started to get better by the end of the season. If they don't pick a TE in the 2nd round, then I just can't see them picking one, unless it is purely a blocking TE in round 7 - like Geoff Swaim 4 years ago.

Bingo!!!! If one isn't graded high enough to warrant a 2nd round pick, you're probably not getting an upgrade over what we already have. Again I have zero problems taking Smith at 58 even over Thornhill.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
No kidding. I want to address S, too, but once Adderley, Rapp, Thornhill go off the board, it's a reach. And there will probably be higher-rated players there for us at other positions even if one of them falls. TE, OL, WR, DT, whatever is there that's a good value, that's who we should take and not look back and not complain. We're going to add a good player as long as we don't reach.

My worry is we reach for Hill at #58.

I like the kid but at #90.