MMQB giving props to a Moore hiring

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/21/c...s-chiefs-patriots-officiating-super-bowl-LIII

6. I believe this: If the Cowboys were to ever move on from Jason Garrett, there’d be two guys atop their list to replace him, with a good drop-off thereafter. One of those names is New Orleans’ Sean Payton, the other is Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley. And if you consider that, it should inform how you look at their approach in replacing offensive

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
new-understanding-the-stages-of-grief-1.png

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me get this straight:

The dunces in he cowboy FO think that Moore is a great coach

The same people who thought Linehan and Garrett were great

And I'm supposed to be happy at this ?

Cmon guys
When are you gonna wake up?
Of course, that applies to any coach they may think is great, even a coach fans like. We can’t dismiss everyone based on that.

Last edited:

kevm3

Reaction score
lol what organization thinks Moore is great enough to be an offensive coordinator and how were they able to assess that with only 1 year of experience? This is NOT the year you get a guy who needs training on the job because we have a lot of big contracts coming up soon. We need to see what this team can do before we start handing out the checks. Moore can stick around as an OC assistant and in a few years, maybe give him consideration, but to put him on the Garrett fast track plan is utterly ridiculous.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Not sure if Breer knows something or just thinks he knows something, but if he knows something, the only takeaway I take away is that Moore is going to be a passing game coordinator... and if he just thinks he knows something, he's one of a hoard of people in that vein, so, so what.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Yup that’s where I’m at.

Absolutely. This is just a consumer entertainment choice. But a lot of people sink their own egos and emotional selves into these things, and yes, that's not healthy. Enjoy it for the fun and recreation it provides, and to the degree it doesn't, focus on something else.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People outside the organization think Moore is great also.

Based on what every coach or player that has worked with him has said, There probably shouldn’t need any question about his mind for the game and the likelihood of him being/becoming a good coach. The question should mainly be about experience level.

visionary

Reaction score
People outside the organization think Moore is great also.

These are reporters who have no qualifications or basis to be making those judgements. Would you hire Albert Breer to pick your next OC? (Although based on your recent posts you might, so please excuse my assumption of common sense and intelligence)

They "think" that because of the same idiots inside the organization feeding them that info

Unless you think that the 'outside' people are separately interviewing Moore and evaluating his ability to be OC and are able to judge that?

Sydla

Reaction score
Off the wall comment.............. did Jerry leak Moore's name to get a feel for what the fans and the media would think of the move?