MMQB giving props to a Moore hiring

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Ya, but only Jerry thinks he's the coach and is smarter than everyone else on the planet...
Jerry doesn't think he is the coach. The media says that but what has JJ done to make you actually think that?

Batman1980

Reaction score
So because he holds the title of GM? What was I thinking.....

That we're one of only 3 NFC franchises that haven't been on championship Sunday since 1995? What has been the common thread in Dallas the last 23 years?

foofighters

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't think he is the coach. The media says that but what has JJ done to make you actually think that?
The millions of press conferences that he gives that he's giving his perspective about the team. How many other owners are doing that? Jerry speaks way too much about the team and needs to leave that to the actual coach. It also creates an issue where players do not truly know who the leader is because they can bypass JG and run to Uncle Jerry to make it better for them. I wasn't crazy about Wade but that's what happened to him.

BigD_95

Reaction score
lol what organization thinks Moore is great enough to be an offensive coordinator and how were they able to assess that with only 1 year of experience? This is NOT the year you get a guy who needs training on the job because we have a lot of big contracts coming up soon. We need to see what this team can do before we start handing out the checks. Moore can stick around as an OC assistant and in a few years, maybe give him consideration, but to put him on the Garrett fast track plan is utterly ridiculous.

Best post of the new year!

visionary

Reaction score
Brother I can't tell you how many times I've been wrong about decisions this team has made. From drafting Fredrick, to LVE, to Martin, the Cooper trade. The list is a mile long (just like everybody else'). It's why I laugh at posters who pretend to know what they're talking about. Especially those who post only open their mouths to pan every move made by the organization. If they were even half as smart as they think they are, they'd actually be in a position to make these calls for a team. But, no, they're just another blow hard on a football message board.

So we should just blindly rah rah rubber stamp whatever the team does?

The trade for Roy Williams (WR)
The promotion of Campo to HC
The signing of Chan Gailey as HC
The signing of Garrett before Wade
The signing of Wade as HC
The trade for Claiborne

And on and on

We should just blindly rubber stamp whatever they do?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
That we're one of only 3 NFC franchises that haven't been on championship Sunday since 1995? What has been the common thread in Dallas the last 23 years?
So what does JJ do to meddle that other owners do not do?

Rayman70

Reaction score
jerry has most of the local dallas sports media in his hip pocket. Any praise has to be looked at skeptically.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The millions of press conferences that he gives that he's giving his perspective about the team. How many other owners are doing that? Jerry speaks way too much about the team and needs to leave that to the actual coach. It also creates an issue where players do not truly know who the leader is because they can bypass JG and run to Uncle Jerry to make it better for them. I wasn't crazy about Wade but that's what happened to him.
JJ talks to the media and this is considered meddling? What was I thinking. By the way JG has no problem with his players; its actually just the opposite especially with the younger players.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You don't understand. Jerry is not going down without a fight to keep Garrett. Garrett is his Landry and is going to be given every chance to succeed. Jerry then can go to his next life as a genius NFL owner who stayed his course.

I honestly think they may be setting this up for a major 2020 house cleaning. If I'm mistaken, I think most, if not all coaches contracts expire after next season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Another thing you have to consider is that we are fans following this for fun. The guys considering Moore as the front runner have their paychecks depending on moves like this and its something they have thinking about since the 3-5 start when it was obvious Linehan was going to be replaced. Since then they have been talking to candidates through back channels, getting second opinions from people around the NFL, thinking through the options, etc.

They didn't wake up one morning, realize Kingsbury was off the table and call Kellen Moore in panic. Its something they have thought about carefully for months.

+1

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, Jerrah is just a figure head. Jerry jr runs the team now.

First, it’s nonsense to think Jerry is no longer in the middle of everything. Nothing in his history suggests he is the kind of guy to step away from the lead role. Second I’d if any family member is more inviolved In running the team, it’s Stephen , not Jerry Jr, Most fans barel know there is a Jerry Jr.

cern

Reaction score
new-understanding-the-stages-of-grief-1.png
7 stages???? I drop a few f bombs and then get on with it. usually when I miss a shot at a quail.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
I have been trying to find some kind of damn positivity in a Kellen Moore hire. I lean more to the Kellen Moore???? Group but if it has to happen, this type of information helps a bit to understand the thinking if he does become OC.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m not for the hire....but if the Buccaneers were more proactive they may be in a better state with their team.......you have to do what you think is right for your organization. Forget what the fans think.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I have been trying to find some kind of damn positivity in a Kellen Moore hire. I lean more to the Kellen Moore???? Group but if it has to happen, this type of information helps a bit to understand the thinking if he does become OC.
well, GOOD LUCK. ;)

LittleD

Reaction score
I honestly think they may be setting this up for a major 2020 house cleaning. If I'm mistaken, I think most, if not all coaches contracts expire after next season.

Cowboys have good enough roster to get into the playoffs again. If they do, Garrett will be given another contract for at least 4 years and millions of dollars.