MMQB - The Waterboy: A Cinematic Retrospective on Its 20th Anniversary

Plankton

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/06/adam-sandler-waterboy-20th-anniversary-dan-fouts-chris-fowler

Dan Fouts is reminded almost weekly of his role in an all-time sports blockbuster because the checks keep arriving at his Oregon home from the Screen Actor’s Guild. He opens them, notes which far-off country they’re from and laughs at the comically small amounts he gets from streams and television re-airs—six cents, down to three after taxes—before tucking them uncashed into the giant movie poster near his desk.

Fouts spent just a few hours filming his part in The Waterboy with former broadcast partner Brent Musburger in Orlando one afternoon in 1998. Adam Sandler, the film’s star, co-writer and co-producer, had originally asked Keith Jackson and Bob Griese to call the movie’s penultimate scene—a football game called the Bourbon Bowl, won in dramatic fashion by the rag-tag South Central Louisiana State Mud Dogs—but Jackson declined. Fouts was thrilled by the development and says Musburger was fired up about the chance to do a little acting.

Because their taping took place away from the cast, Fouts had no clue what to expect, no real idea what the movie was about, when he walked into a theater on the night of the premiere. He went with some friends, and nearly an hour into the picture he had yet to appear. His group began asking why they were here watching a PG-13 comedy aimed largely at stoned college-aged males.

At that moment on the screen, one of the movie’s other stars, legendary Happy Days star Henry Winkler, dropped his pants to expose his bare buttocks and a tattoo of singer Roy Orbison.

“I turned to the guy next to me and I whispered ‘That’s me,’ ” Fouts says, laughing, before mentioning that his actual appearance in the movie ties the whole film together.

Xelda

Reaction score
In Northern Louisiana, we have a hockey team called the Mud Bugs. They left and then came back.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I do the same stupid thing when it comes on TV I can’t just scroll I gotta watch and it never gets old.

Water sucks it really reall sucks

Lol this movie