MMQB's Al Breer thinks it's Marinelli on thin ice

JBS

Reaction score
Dallas defense is eleven overall, with a bit more investment this offseason pretty sure they are a top quarter defense.

Not good enough taking the ball away..defense is way too bland..rod does nothing to out scheme the opponent

Both offensive and defensive staff are the same..vanilla, beat your man one on one..not good enough in today's game

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We get embarrassed Enough by Philadelphia's backups Heads Will Roll maybe even starting with Garrett but at a minimum the two coordinators or toast

I think Jerry will pick strong coordinators who will just take the job away from Garrett and let him just be well you know head Clapper

DuceizBak

Reaction score
Lmao why? Rod is the only coach i've consistently seen adjust to match what an offense is doing, it doesn't always work but he does make half time adjustments at least.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Rod is doing a better job than Garrett and Linnehan

I think he adjusts FAR better than Garrett and Linehan does. Part of the problem is that he usually has to wait for a poor first half performance to adjust. If we play well in the first half the opponent may adjust and Rod won't.

But Garrett and Linehan make roughly no adjustments. The only adjustments I can recall in the past couple of years was this year when we switched to 21 personnel.

My problem with Rod is that his scheme stinks. Too much Cover 2 which gets eaten alive by underneath routes, back shoulder fades and fast TE's and Y-receivers. Puts the safeties and corners in bad positions and that's why we don't force turnovers. We don't bracket receivers and we rarely blitz. The 1-tech position has been a disaster. At this point I'm even willing to get a quality space eater at the 1-tech just to slow down the opposing run game and keep a pass rushing 1-tech fresh for passing downs.

But even still, Rod is a better D-Coordinator than either Garrett or Linehan is an O-Coordinator.

YR

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Quick. Tell us about the time Jerry didn't get the coach he wanted.

Stop with the no coaches want to be here. It's simply not true.
No offense, but that's a bit like proving a negative. We will probably never know who may have been considered by JJ, and simply expressed no interest.

I do agree with you on your point that it is a myth that a big name coach wouldn't come to Dallas

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Should be Linehan on thin ice. I’ve already accepted Garrett is sticking around so at least change the playcalling and offensive scheme.

Gaede

Reaction score
Fire Marinelli, fine with that. Not a fan of his defense and it would be nice to have an innovative defense.

But That’ll make how many DCs in Garrett’s tenure? 4 in 7 years? How many OCs? 4 including himself?

Jerry will do anything to buy his Ginger Goose more time

Bigdog

Reaction score
Adam Schefter reported this the other day. He said that he heard there were going to be some defensive changes coming. Take it for what it is worth.

Pants

Reaction score
Marinelli on thin ice

Translated: Jones needs to build in more excuses in future years for his red-headed step-moron that is our Head Coach

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think he adjusts FAR better than Garrett and Linehan does. Part of the problem is that he usually has to wait for a poor first half performance to adjust. If we play well in the first half the opponent may adjust and Rod won't.

Pretty much. I am no fan of Marinelli as I think the scheme is too passive and soft most of the time. Then you can tell when he is frustrated because he starts running the same slot corner blitzes over and over again.

But if I am making a list of things that are wrong, I have to put the offensive scheme well ahead of the defense.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Fire Marinelli, fine with that. Not a fan of his defense and it would be nice to have an innovative defense.

But That’ll make how many DCs in Garrett’s tenure? 4 in 7 years? How many OCs? 4 including himself?

Jerry will do anything to buy his Ginger Goose more time

jerry jones too. how many head coaches? how many quarterbacks? how many fall guys?

MS17

Reaction score
Jerrah and his antics. I read that Sir James Porter credits the Turks with the 18th c. proverb, "the fish stinks from the head first..." meaning any organization that fails is due to the leadership at the top. The Turks got it right and we've watched it for years in the FO. What a farce.