Mods/Admin question about uploading pics

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hey mods, just a general question..

Has a new form of image uploading been discussed/explored on CZ?

The process of posting images on the forum seems to be way more difficult/time consuming than it should be.

Rather than having to provide a direct link to images and/or upload them to an image hosting site & copy them here, it'd be way more convenient to upload directly from your phone, tablet, etc.

Are other, more streamlined options, just too expensive?

Thanks. And again, not necessarily complaining; just seeing if the idea has been explored.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I use Windows snipping tool. Then click the copy button once I've taken the screenshot and paste it on snipboard.io.

Then copy that URL and post that URL here in the image tag.

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am sorry, but we have no plans at this time for hosting user images on CZ.

It's not about technology (it's not hard), but rather avoiding adding legal liability by the site for user uploads and increasing the workload of the moderation staff.

There are several image upload/hosting sites that are still very popular for that specific reason as most popular forum sites do not allow user uploads.

Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. can do it because they not only have the infrastructure to handle it but also the legal resources to fight and/or deter would-be complainants.