Monday morning FA blues

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Alright like most of us on here still scratching my head with the lack of movement the FO has dispayed yet again. Yes I get "we like our guys", they need to sign the big four, and signing big name players isn't what the "process" dictates..so with that some interesting information I came across while searching all the sites for who was left. Interesting information about Covington. The rest is just a list of who is left. Enjoy.

Number 8 DT available according to WF.

Christian Covington is one of the top run-stuffing defensive linemen in the NFL. His pass-rushing skills need work, but he won't turn 26 until October, so he has plenty of time to develop moves to get to the quarterback.

Read more: http://***USER-BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1***/freeagents2019DT.php#ixzz5iXcGnf1E
DT
Suh

DL
EA
Morgan

Best FA Safties left--
Berry
Gathers
Boston

Bortels--best available b/u left but he is Dak's clone so wouldn't make sense.
Glennon
McCown
AJ
Siemian

Rbs
Ware
Yeldon
Crowell

WR/slot
Cobb probably the best
Ryan Grant

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Accept it. We are the kids at Christmas who wake up to no presents under the tree each year.

They might sign Cobb just so they can say: "Hey, look, we signed Cobb...remember how good he used to be? What are you all complaining about?"

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well two of the top are visiting today.

Geathers and Cobb.

We likely sign one and pack it in
Which would you rather have? I wouldn’t mind getting the slot guy. We have safeties. Maybe not the best ones but we have them.

Kaiser

Reaction score
They might sign Cobb just so they can say: "Hey, look, we signed Cobb...remember how good he used to be? What are you all complaining about?"

Would you have said that about Cole Beasley if they resigned him?

Because Cobb is a year younger than Beasley and has much better career stats.

Carson

Reaction score
Which would you rather have? I wouldn’t mind getting the slot guy. We have safeties. Maybe not the best ones but we have them.

I’m torn. Honestly, I would go Cobb.

Geathers has had injury problems in the past. Plus, I believe Cooper could play slot and move a guy to outside WR.

I feel Frazier could fill in at SS if needed

I think both sign if they are in the building now. I could see them signing another 3T also, maybe a project 4th OT also.

Same here. Would love to sign both players and scratch off two needs

I see us getting the project 4th OT late or in UDFA. Depends on how likely we are to reup Collins. Fleming could fill in nicely next year.

If we sign these guys, it’s defensive line all day the rest of the way

LittleD

Reaction score
I think both sign if they are in the building now. I could see them signing another 3T also, maybe a project 4th OT also.

Only if they stay in town. If they fly out this evening, it's over as their agents have found better deals.

Cowfan75

Reaction score

No, I wouldn't have, because if Cobb can't cut it anymore with Rodgers, it isn't looking promising here.

Carson

Reaction score

Plus will likely cost a fraction of the price of Beasley

JayFord

Reaction score
Vontaz burfict just got released

I would take him

Our lb core would be nasty.....I’m talking digging in the trash for snot while throwing up in your own doo doo nasty