Montez Sweat Could Fall Out Of The First Round

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

One interesting tidbit is that Sweat's DL coach at Mississippi State was Brian Baker, who is now with Alabama. Yes, our former assistant coach.

Sydla

Reaction score

One interesting tidbit is that Sweat's DL coach at Mississippi State was Brian Baker, who is now with Alabama. Yes, our former assistant coach.

He won't get past the Eagles. I heard a report on the radio they have done their due diligence on his heart issue and are fine with it.

Alexander

Reaction score
Just remember, it's lying season boys.
I don't think it is necessarily a lie in this case. More of an exaggeration. Some teams really want him to fall, so I am sure there is some scare tactics going on.

He also has some {gasp!} marijuana issues from when he was at Michigan State that are being floated out there as well.

I am sure a lot of teams have him in the box because of the medical. I would assume those are the teams at the top of the draft with much more to lose.

But any team that has no crying need for a rush end and needs one to add to what they have should absolutely gamble on him.

Alexander

Reaction score
He won't get past the Eagles. I heard a report on the radio they have done their due diligence on his heart issue and are fine with it.
From what I have read, it is a 50/50 on which team's pass him and which didn't.

All I know is they passed him at the Combine. As scared to death as the League is to be sued, that tells me it is not that severe to the point he drops like Hurst did. Not nearly the same kind of thing.

Sydla

Reaction score
From what I have read, it is a 50/50 on which team's pass him and which didn't.

All I know is they passed him at the Combine. As scared to death as the League is to be sued, that tells me it is not that severe to the point he drops like Hurst did. Not nearly the same kind of thing.

Yep.

Teams that put a premium on DL will absolutely take him IMO - Philly for example. I could see New England taking him as well.

visionary

Reaction score
I don't think it is necessarily a lie in this case. More of an exaggeration. Some teams really want him to fall, so I am sure there is some scare tactics going on.

He also has some {gasp!} marijuana issues from when he was at Michigan State that are being floated out there as well.

I am sure a lot of teams have him in the box because of the medical. I would assume those are the teams at the top of the draft with much more to lose.

But any team that has no crying need for a rush end and needs one to add to what they have should absolutely gamble on him.

It's a good thing we're 'stacked' at DL

Macnalty

Reaction score
Everything released this week should be taken with a large grain of salt, as most people have a agenda associated with the draft that are leaking. I am still thinking safety at 58

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
It’s likely sweat may fall due to heart conditions. Maybe He wants to purposely fall to a better team by saying he won’t attend draft due to heart conditions. That’s a hey I wanna drop smoke screen all day long. You just don’t report that

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
Hurst fell to 6th-7th round last year when they found out he had heart problems. Yes hurst isn’t as good but he was actually rated around late first to late 2nd rounder so it is really possible he falls out the first. Teams don’t wanna give their future to a guy that may not work out when they can get a perfectly healthy guy that may be just as good

Pants

Reaction score
whomever dallas floats out there as potential players for them is who the eagles will pick