Moore comments on Dak and his role

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He sounds clueless

What else can he say? He isn't named the OC, no one knows who will be the OC or who will call plays or how much input Moore will get even if he is the OC. According to HC and ownership they haven't hashed it all out yet so all one can say is "we'll see".

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Ok. Not since Parcells have we been pleasantly surprised about a hire or how it’s worked out.

Maybe the odds are finally on our side?

Probably not.

DEA_dad

Reaction score
I don't think it's crazy. Heck, I posted on this after it was announced that our coaching staff would get the Pro Bowl. I mean, it only makes sense to gather data points and evaluate based on available information. It's an opportunity to do both right?
I also agree it’s not far fetched. He can install whatever he wants, display competence with different formations and styles with decent players to run them. He will have Dak and Cooper to use. For sure an audition.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He doesn’t even know what his position is yet, or if he does, it hasn’t been made public, so how can he be expected to publically set a course for the team?

I agree, he is being asked things he can't give a full answer for. People will jump at anything and everything without bothering to put it in proper context.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. This is one of the best situations you can find to see what a guy can do freelancing on Offense. On defense, I totally agree with you but not on Offense.

Freelancing, sure, but that's not really how it will work in season. In season it will have to be a more disciplined approach with the offense, and with a lot of bells and whistles (shifts, personal packages, formations etc) that require precision execution that they wont have time to work on for the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl is more of a schoolyard approach where the players have to use the basic common knowledge all players have and design some basic plays around that. Probably a few twists, partly for effect and partly for the enjoyment of the players and fans, but it really won't be like setting up and coaching an offense in season.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Freelancing, sure, but that's not really how it will work in season. In season it will have to be a more disciplined approach with the offense, and with a lot of bells and whistles (shifts, personal packages, formations etc) that require precision execution that they wont have time to work on for the Pro Bowl. The Pro Bowl is more of a schoolyard approach where the players have to use the basic common knowledge all players have and design some basic plays around that. Probably a few twists, partly for effect and partly for the enjoyment of the players and fans, but it really won't be like setting up and coaching an offense in season.

I agree. They will get a handful of plays to work on and given the rules of the game for protection it is no more than guys going out and having fun. I would not read much into this game one way or the other.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I expect a 52-0 AFC beat down and the anointing oil to flow from Moore's pores like a might river.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Perhaps but your option is no info or info in this setting. Which one would any reasonable employer take?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I'll knock his teeth out if I ever hear "It's a process."
Good luck getting insurance to cover majority of the surgeries on whatever breaks tears and dislocates after making contact on that solid set of steel planks.

You would be better off punching a tree at least it wouldn’t hurt as much

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps but your option is no info or info in this setting. Which one would any reasonable employer take?

I think there can be a little info gained, mainly just seeing how Moore goes about his business in his first chance to coach an offense, and how well he communicates things and is able to get the players on the same page. I just don't think it's enough for a serious evaluation - just a little info to add to what they already know.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Kind of continuing to evolve with who our personnel is and all that sort of stuff.” HUH?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Dak and this offense next year....god help us.
PJ, seriously man, Dak has done nothing but win for us. When you take into account the fact he came in cold and not even 6 months much less 6 weeks to learn a pro style offense. Only Tom Brady has more wins in 3 season then Dak does. Hey we get it, he has issues, we see them also, we also see he has SL as his OC this whole time, who incase you missed it, was called out on these forums and in most all the media as being and running the most predictable offensive scheme in the league. We've been just fine his first 3 season, 2 playoff trips to boot. We hopefully get to see what a change in OC and play calling can do for him....