Moore installing Pro Bowl offense

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Actually, it’s a really cool opportunity. Let’s see what he’s got before promoting him. Install a complex offense quickly with the best possible players.
Not a bad offensive line up for a guy's first gig.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I just want a little innovation and less repetition ..... too many teams say they no our plays and Linehan won't adjust
I'm anticipating that Garrett will still be the play caller, and that we will still run too much on early downs.

Play selection on 1st & 10
Games 1-12: run 53% pass 47%
Games 13-18: run 54% pass 46%

Dallas success rate on 1st & 10
Games 1-12
pass 45.1% run 33.1%
Games 13-18
pass 46.5% run 24.4%

jrumann59

Reaction score
Moore is going to be the OC. Silver lining is that if he's awful and we regress next year, JG will be gone.
Hmm, wasn't that said last year about SL and Dak and yet here we are.

cern

Reaction score
i have a question for the derisive among you. would you prefer eating crow or vulture??? i'm sure young Kellen has already been questioned by Stephen as to what he felt were the problems with the offense and what would he do to correct the flaws. just as i'm certain he gave good answers.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, it’s a really cool opportunity. Let’s see what he’s got before promoting him. Install a complex offense quickly with the best possible players.

I might even watch the probowl this year. And not the Super Bowl. There’s a switch.
Nobody installs complex offenses for the Pro Bowl. There isn’t remotely enough time for that, plus players aren’t there to kill themself studying and learning and working their butts off all week. They are there to have fun and enjoy the experience. If Moore can just get everyone on the same page and run fairly basic concepts effectively that will be an accomplishment.

kevm3

Reaction score
Stephen jones is another jerry. In fact it was probably stephen talking jerry into kellen moore as oc to get a bargain

cern

Reaction score
Stephen jones is another jerry. In fact it was probably stephen talking jerry into kellen moore as oc to get a bargain
they're related by blood. but the apple fell far from the tree.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Murphy: "fer' a dollar,man"

Aykroyd: " one dollar?,,, fine"

* that was an excellent flick,Man:thumbup:

Classic flick! That "sell, sell" line came to mind when seeing Kellen and thinking of Jerry. :D I could speak in tv/movie quotes all day in person.

GenoT

Reaction score
Moore will be nothing like Linehan

Moore has been thinking, drinking and living Offense since before he was Freshman in High School

His Dad was big time High School Coach and Kellen starred for 4 years and for 4 years at Boise St

He overcame his physical limitations with a knowledge of the passing game that is unmatched

Did you ever see Boise's Offense.....it was wild and imaginative and wide open.... it was designed to make it as easy on the QB as possible.... He is a McVay, Payton type of innovator
Except for the fact that he’s spent his entire NFL career with both the Lions and Cowboys, working directly under Scott Linehan, Kellen Moore, of course, “will be nothing like Linehan.”

:facepalm:

conner01

Reaction score
Jerry is hoping to use the Pro Bowl results to justify making Moore the OC.
That would be a bad decision
You get little practice with guys who are more interested in the free trip than the game
And defenses are very restricted

mrmojo

Reaction score
I'd throw every down if I were the kid.....its the Pro Bowl for god's sake.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
He's excited about the opportunity.

DxnzCAeX4AAPyo1.jpg